02/18/15, 07:12 AM   #61
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by votan View Post
@Merlight: Can you test "SkyShards" with german displayname? Although the list is 10units wider than mine, there are ellipsis?!? 290 units would be good.
Just tried that and it can't see what you meant, Himmesscherwhatever is actually much shorter than Crafting Material Level Display

02/18/15, 07:36 AM   #62
votan

Oh man, I'm so blind. It was EnglishPOIandKeepNames, not SkyShards. Sorry!

Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Just tried that and it can't see what you meant, Himmesscherwhatever is actually much shorter than Crafting Material Level Display
02/18/15, 07:49 AM   #63
merlight
Ah, then that's okay since I reverted the use of displayName in the list per Garkin's request. The short name is "Englische 'POI' Namen" whereas the displayName is "Englische 'POI' und Festungsnamen". Anyway, a bit more room won't hurt, so I widened the list as well.
02/18/15, 10:04 PM   #64
Sasky
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
One thing to point out, that I don't think anyone ever took advantage of... The widgets/controls in LAM did not need to be used with the regular addon settings panels. You could use them as templates for any sort of display you wanted.

At least, this was the intention when I redesigned LAM for 2.0. Not 100% sure if any changes with the core made that moot...

http://www.esoui.com/portal.php?&id=5&pageid=10
See: LAM2 for the Experienced Author and Exposed Methods on LAM2
I actually used that for AutoInvite. The buttons didn't have enough control, but everything else was easy to use. Shouldn't be too hard to adjust if need be with the new version.
02/19/15, 01:42 AM   #65
Randactyl
Originally Posted by Sasky View Post
I actually used that for AutoInvite. The buttons didn't have enough control, but everything else was easy to use. Shouldn't be too hard to adjust if need be with the new version.
I'm also taking advantage of this in an upcoming project.
02/23/15, 03:01 PM   #66
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Feature request for LAM combobox

As you are working on the LAM changes: I have a feature request for the combobox control (if possible):
Could you add a parameter like "ShownContextEntries".

Explanation:
Currently the combobox always opens the context menu and shows all of the entries inside.
If these entries are > 20 some screen resolutions won't fit the whole combobox context menu to the screen and the top part of the contetx menu is finally missing.

Idea:
If you open the context menu of the combobox only "ShownContextEntries" will be shown at one page.
All other entries will be accessible by a scrollbar anchored at the right side to the shown entries.
If you scroll the entries only "ShownContextEntries" will always be visible in that context menu.

I think I remember Wykyyd's Chat Enhancement addon uses such a combobox for his "emotes list".

This would be really great as we could add many entries to the comboxboxes and ppl are able to select all of them properly, regardless what screen resolutiont hey are using.

Maybe > 20 entries are too much. But I like to provide a lot of possibilities (icons e.g.) that the users can choose from.
02/23/15, 03:19 PM   #67
sirinsidiator

I opened a ticket.
02/24/15, 05:48 PM   #68
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thanks. I didn't know there is a ticket system otherwise I'd had done it on my own.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » New UI for LibAddonMenu r17 (update 1.6)?