12/26/15, 12:10 AM   #1
BigMons

Question [REQUEST] Toggle "Prevent Attacking Innocents" Via Chat Command (RESOLVED)

EDIT: This issue has been resolved by an existing addon called Troublemaker.

I currently use an addon called Helmet Toggle that toggles my helmet when I click a UI button or type a chat command. It also can toggle automatically depending on combat state, but that's not important here. Seeing as how this addon basically toggles a gameplay setting (Hide Helmet), is it also possible to toggle other gameplay settings like "Prevent Attacking Innocents" via a chat command?

Usage scenario: I always play with "Prevent Attacking Innocents" turned ON. Today, I was pick-pocketing inside a house and I had forgotten that NPCs will sometimes attack you if they catch you. I think the game should not treat the NPC as "innocent" once they attack you, but that's another issue. I found myself in combat and could not defend myself. The assailant was considered "innocent", so I couldn't hit him. By the time I found the setting and turned it off, he had killed me. It would be much simpler to toggle this on/off via something like /harm (as in "harm innocents"). If someone wanted to get fancy, perhaps even add an onscreen or chat message like "Prevent Attacking Innocents Is Now OFF" or "Prevent Attacking Innocents Is Now ON" when the setting is toggled.

Last edited by BigMons : 12/26/15 at 03:06 AM. Reason: resolved
12/26/15, 02:46 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If there is no addon for switch all core-game settings with keybinds, I could do one (or if someone else want do this)
12/26/15, 03:03 AM   #3
BigMons

Someone on the official forum pointed me at an existing addon that handles what I was looking for. The addon is called "troublemaker". Among other things, it adds the command /tm which toggles your ability to attack innocents. I think you can assign a keybind too if that's your thing. There may be a use for being able to toggle other settings with keybinds, not sure, but this particular setting has been done. Thanks to Thornen on the official ESO forum for pointing me to the addon.
12/26/15, 03:10 AM   #4
votan

Just to mention this: There is Troublemaker (Thief and Murderer), which just needs an API bump in the txt file. 100011 -> 100013

/edit: Too slow again
01/11/22, 06:00 AM   #5
LokiAndBlack
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
If there is no addon for switch all core-game settings with keybinds, I could do one (or if someone else want do this)
That would be great cause other plugins listed here are all outdated
01/11/22, 08:42 AM   #6
Rhynchelma
Premium Member
Premium Member
I use Thief's Tools. It has a toggle in its settings.
01/11/22, 10:12 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
There was exisitng an addon Attack Innocent Toogle but it got removed here on ESOUI as it seems.

I've added this to "FCO Change Stuff", it already provides some hacks and keybindings for different stuff: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...angeStuff.html

Last edited by Baertram : 01/12/22 at 09:11 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [REQUEST] Toggle "Prevent Attacking Innocents" Via Chat Command