Edition - Windows 10 Home
Version - 21H1
OS build - 19043.1348
Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

CPU - i7-5820K
GPU - GTX 1080

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082
  1. Tested 64 and 32-bit.
  2. Username does not contain non-latin characters.
  3. Uninstalled various times.
  4. Deleted XML file. Confirmed with EULA upon re-launch.
  5. Same result with c:\Minion
  6. No Enhanced Settings, so I changed this in Advanced Properties. Also launched using Run As Admin.
  7. No OneDrive in play.
  8. Allowed Private & Public and Outbound/Inbound rules.
  9. Instead of waiting 5 minutes, 5x, I waited up to several hours 10x.
  10. Launches fine, so n/a. But changed Proxy from Default to None anyway.
  11. Does open, so n/a.
  12. Not sure what to do here with IPv4 / IPv6 or Java tbh.
  13. Ran command and confirmed latest Java version.
  14. Changed concurrency and depth to 20.
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (678.9 KB, 400 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (9.8 KB, 427 views)

Last edited by Lenox : 11/17/21 at 11:01 PM.
11/17/21, 10:59 PM   #2
Lenox
Stays like this for hours.

11/18/21, 10:27 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The log file says there is an error, ding it like 2 days for you:

Code:
ERROR 2021-11-17 23:18:34,839 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.util.ConfigurationManager:save(1249): Catching org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unable to save the configuration
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration.save(XMLConfiguration.java:1040)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration$FileConfigurationDelegate.save(AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.java:570)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:557)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:524)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:474)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:414)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.save(AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.java:214)
	at gg.minion.util.ConfigurationManager.save(ConfigurationManager.java:1247)
	at gg.minion.util.ConfigurationManager.saveGame(ConfigurationManager.java:632)
	at gg.minion.controller.cell.AddGameListCell.lambda$updateItem$2(AddGameListCell.java:66)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
	at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
	at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$ClickGenerator.postProcess(Scene.java:3470)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$ClickGenerator.access$8100(Scene.java:3398)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3766)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3485)
	at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1762)
	at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2494)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:380)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:294)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$354(GlassViewEventHandler.java:416)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
	at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:415)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:555)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:746)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:351)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration.save(XMLConfiguration.java:1036)
	... 47 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:163)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:230)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:136)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:98)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transformIdentity(TransformerImpl.java:693)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:737)
	... 49 more
I'm not sure why it happens so far.

Not sure if you mentioned it above already, or at least I did not find it:
-Did you try to allow Minion in your antivirus whitelist?
-Did you try to run it with priviliedged rights / Admin rights already?
-Did you update your Java JRE installation recently (check your start menu for "Java" folder and in there should be an "Check for updates") e.g.

I can see that the error happens, from the log file, after the addon "GuildHallButton" is processed.
Try to close Minion, also close the task with the task manager, and then remove the addon "GuildHallButton" from live/AddOns.
Maybe it's a coincidence, but perhaps it raises the error somehow.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/18/21 at 10:35 AM.
11/18/21, 10:46 AM   #4
Lenox
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The log file says there is an error, ding it like 2 days for you:

I'm not sure why it happens so far.

Not sure if you mentioned it above already, or at least I did not find it:
-Did you try to run it with priviliedged rights / Admin rights already?
-Did you update your Java JRE installation recently (check your start menu for "Java" folder and in there should be an "Check for updates") e.g.

I can see that the error happens, from the log file, after the addon "GuildHallButton" is processed.
Try to close Minion, also close the task with the task manager, and then remove the addon "GuildHallButton" from live/AddOns.
Maybe it's a coincidence, but perhaps it raises the error somehow.
Hi,

I did answer all of those questions already, but I'll re-paste them for you:

Allowed Private & Public and Outbound/Inbound rules.

-Did you try to run it with privileged rights / Admin rights already?
No Enhanced Settings, so I changed this in Advanced Properties. Also launched using Run As Admin.

Ran command and confirmed latest Java version.
11/18/21, 11:36 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Okay, thanks.

Try your luck with deleting the xml file, and remove the addon "GuildHallButton" as I had written above.
if this does not help I'm unsure what could be the case and you should start with this:

Close Minion, also check taskmanager and kill Minion.exe file
Delete the minion.log and .xml file.
Logout of the ESO game.
Remove ALL addons in your live/AddOns folder, move them somewhere else e.g. so you got the list of before installed ones.
Remove ALL files in your live/SavedVariables folder, move them somewhere else (to your backup folder as these files should be backuped regulalry).
Start Minion without any addon in your live/AddOns folder.

Re-Setup Minion, and then install the addons and libraries again fresh via Minion.
If the last step does not work, without any addon installed, I'm lost. But so far I guess any addon you got installed messes up Minion and breaks it for you.
Maybe any XML file or txt file of the addon got some character in it which is not compatible with Minion.
11/18/21, 11:59 AM   #6
Lenox
Okay, thanks.

Try your luck with deleting the xml file, and remove the addon "GuildHallButton" as I had written above.
if this does not help I'm unsure what could be the case and you should start with this:

Close Minion, also check task manager and kill Minion.exe file
Delete the minion.log and .xml file.
Logout of the ESO game.
Remove ALL addons in your live/AddOns folder, move them somewhere else e.g. so you got the list of before installed ones.
Remove ALL files in your live/SavedVariables folder, move them somewhere else (to your backup folder as these files should be backuped regularly).
Start Minion without any addon in your live/AddOns folder.

Re-Setup Minion, and then install the addons and libraries again fresh via Minion.
If the last step does not work, without any addon installed, I'm lost. But so far I guess any addon you got installed messes up Minion and breaks it for you.
Maybe any XML file or txt file of the addon got some character in it which is not compatible with Minion.
Thanks. I'll try removing the GuildHallButton add-on. And if that doesn't work, I will try your nuclear option. I was hoping to not have to do that.

Some context regarding my add-ons...I haven't installed any new ones in over a year. But yeah, maybe a new add-on update or java update is breaking it.
11/20/21, 05:02 PM   #7
RavenMind

Did removing Guild Hall Button do any good for you? Minion is terribly unstable for me, and I just so happen to run that addon as well. (Would like to keep it though, so looking for your feedback.) Thanks!
11/21/21, 10:09 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Minion is terribly unstable for me
What does that mean in detail? If your minion.log does not throw errors after exactly that addon it most likely isn't this one.

Some single addons could be the cause, but most times the xml file got corrupted and deleting it + rescan the game's addons fixes this.
Or, could always be the case, any installed software of yours is causing the instabilities. Coudl be even driver issues, firmware related, windows patch level state, or windows versin (7, 8, 10, 11).
11/22/21, 05:20 PM   #9
Lenox
Originally Posted by RavenMind View Post
Did removing Guild Hall Button do any good for you? Minion is terribly unstable for me, and I just so happen to run that addon as well. (Would like to keep it though, so looking for your feedback.) Thanks!
The issue went away on its own. Minion is back to working. I never got around to removing that add-on or any other add-on.
11/23/21, 04:08 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Any Windows or software, firmware updates done in the meantime? Router restarted or similar? Maybe it was a coincidence.
Glad it's resolve dnow, but would be nice to find the reason indeed.
11/25/21, 08:21 PM   #11
Lenox
Any Windows or software, firmware updates done in the meantime? Router restarted or similar? Maybe it was a coincidence.
Glad it's resolve dnow, but would be nice to find the reason indeed.
Nothing. No windows updates, GeForce, Java, nothing.

There is a small possibility that step 13 had an effect. But that could be correlation and not causation. Near the end there I was trying many things at once.

setx _JAVA_OPTIONS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
11/29/21, 02:54 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hm, could be but I did not see any info about blocked connection in the log files. Normally one would have seen somehting like "Ping ..." and then nothing happened or an error occured in this case.
12/18/21, 07:27 PM   #13
Lenox
Hm, could be but I did not see any info about blocked connection in the log files. Normally one would have seen something like "Ping ..." and then nothing happened or an error occurred in this case.
Yeah. Not sure. Very strange. Fluke somehow?

I'll post back here if the issue ever comes back. That was the first time I had that issue in 2-3 years, since first installing Minion for ESO.
12/21/21, 08:36 PM   #14
Vahrokh
What does that mean in detail? If your minion.log does not throw errors after exactly that addon it most likely isn't this one.

Some single addons could be the cause, but most times the xml file got corrupted and deleting it + rescan the game's addons fixes this.
Or, could always be the case, any installed software of yours is causing the instabilities. Coudl be even driver issues, firmware related, windows patch level state, or windows versin (7, 8, 10, 11).
More than unstable, it has some evident bugs, even starting it as administrator, using the default addons folder (which it *always* fails to detect anyway and no, files are not on MS BS cloud).

I can repeatably get it to hang on add on detection, then terminate it, restart it and now it shows the addons.

Furthermore, if I leave certain addons in, like "Alphagear", the log states it found 3 versions then it bombs with a Java Exception (in the log) about Apache FileFilter.

I removed Alphagear and now it's loading the 1 addon I left in.
It would bomb if I left all the addons. I am currently adding them one by one and see which one breaks the process.
12/21/21, 08:48 PM   #15
Vahrokh
Nope, it still bombs

Using Windows 64 bit updated today.
Minion V 3.0.9 64 bit.
I tried with a 2020 version of the JDK, now I installed JDK 17 but nothing changed.

Before the Log4j patch, Minion worked every day for years. I did get crazy getting it to detect the addons back at the time, but then it worked.

Now I am back to failed addons detection (default addons folder in "Documents" and ESO is the "native" version (not Steam)).

Now sometimes it says it cannot connect to internet (I have a 1GB true optic fiber connection, which I use every day for work with no issue).

I added 4 addons and now it throws the TrueFileFilter exception again, as shown below. Needless to say, I am starting as admin and deleted both the log and XML file 20+ times by now.

Code:
INFO  2021-12-22 02:38:06,345 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:start(43): Attempting to start Minion...
INFO  2021-12-22 02:38:07,064 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:logSystemInformation(127): os.name=Windows 10
INFO  2021-12-22 02:38:07,065 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:logSystemInformation(128): os.version=10.0
INFO  2021-12-22 02:38:07,065 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:logSystemInformation(129): os.arch=amd64
INFO  2021-12-22 02:38:07,065 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:logSystemInformation(130): java.runtime.version=1.8.0_92-b14
INFO  2021-12-22 02:38:07,065 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:logSystemInformation(131): java.class.path=E:\Program Files\Minion\app\Minion-jfx.jar;lib/httpclient-4.5.2.jar;lib/httpcore-4.4.4.jar;lib/commons-logging-1.2.jar;lib/commons-codec-1.9.jar;lib/commons-configuration-1.10.jar;lib/commons-lang-2.6.jar;lib/commons-jxpath-1.3.jar;lib/commons-collections-3.2.2.jar;lib/jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.13.jar;lib/jackson-core-asl-1.9.13.jar;lib/junrar-0.7.jar;lib/commons-logging-api-1.1.jar;lib/commons-vfs2-2.0.jar;lib/maven-scm-api-1.4.jar;lib/plexus-utils-1.5.6.jar;lib/maven-scm-provider-svnexe-1.4.jar;lib/maven-scm-provider-svn-commons-1.4.jar;lib/regexp-1.3.jar;lib/kefirbb-1.1.jar;lib/commons-io-2.4.jar;lib/jsr305-3.0.1.jar;lib/junique-1.0.4.jar;lib/jregex-1.2_01.jar;lib/controlsfx-8.40.11.jar;lib/log4j-api-2.6.2.jar;lib/log4j-core-2.6.2.jar
INFO  2021-12-22 02:38:07,065 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:logSystemInformation(132): java.library.path=E:\Program Files\Minion\app;E:\Program Files\Minion
INFO  2021-12-22 02:38:07,065 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:logSystemInformation(133): user.language=it
INFO  2021-12-22 02:38:07,065 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:logSystemInformation(134): user.home=C:\Users\Redacted
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:07,526 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.controller.MinionController:initWindowControls(500): Controls initialized.
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:07,528 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:checkNetworkConnections(106): Starting network check ...
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:07,529 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:getRoutePlanner(61): System Default Http Proxy.
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:07,963 [Thread-9] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:run(159): Ping Status for http://cdn.mmoui.com/: 200
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:08,086 [Thread-8] gg.minion.util.FeedClient:run(159): Ping Status for http://api.mmoui.com/: 200
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:08,559 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.controller.MinionController:initBuildAndVersion(288): Build: 9aeb2f21d334d495253cdd8364859ca5ce90b9db
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:08,559 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.controller.MinionController:initBuildAndVersion(289): Version: 3.0.9
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:09,149 [Data Initialization Thread] gg.minion.util.GameManager:addGameConfig(117): Adding new GameConfig: ''World of Warcraft''.
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:09,654 [Data Initialization Thread] gg.minion.util.GameManager:addGameConfig(117): Adding new GameConfig: ''Elder Scrolls Online''.
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:10,589 [Data Initialization Thread] gg.minion.util.ProgressManager:lambda$null$1(37): Adding GamInstall ''ESO-1'' to ProgressManager.
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:10,741 [Data Initialization Thread] gg.minion.controller.MinionController:detectGames(688): Skipping scan for ''WOW''.
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:10,742 [Data Initialization Thread] gg.minion.controller.MinionController:detectGames(688): Skipping scan for ''ESO''.
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,063 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\Redacted\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AddonSelector\AddonSelector.txt
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,065 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(354): AddonSelector - TOC Version: 2.11
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,066 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:detectAddOn(188): One match found for AddonSelector
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,374 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\Redacted\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AdvancedFilters\AdvancedFilters.txt
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,375 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(354): AdvancedFilters - TOC Version: 1.6.1.4
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,376 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:detectAddOn(188): One match found for AdvancedFilters
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,678 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\Redacted\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AF_ItemSaverFilters\AF_ItemSaverFilters.txt
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,679 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(354): AF_ItemSaverFilters - TOC Version: 1.2.0.1
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,680 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:detectAddOn(188): One match found for AF_ItemSaverFilters
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,971 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\Redacted\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\ArkadiusTradeTools\ArkadiusTradeTools.txt
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,972 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(354): ArkadiusTradeTools - TOC Version: 1.13.0
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,973 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:detectAddOn(191): Multiple addons match (2) ArkadiusTradeTools
DEBUG 2021-12-22 02:38:11,977 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:getFileLists(482): FileList URL: https://api.mmoui.com/v3/game/ESO/listfiles/1752,2880.json
ERROR 2021-12-22 02:38:13,502 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.controller.MinionController:lambda$null$50(1077): AddOn Detection failed: {} java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/filefilter/TrueFileFilter
	at gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService.getAllDirs(AddOnDetectionService.java:302)
	at gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService.detectAddOn(AddOnDetectionService.java:208)
	at gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService.interrogateDirs(AddOnDetectionService.java:377)
	at gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService.access$700(AddOnDetectionService.java:51)
	at gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService$1.call(AddOnDetectionService.java:92)
	at gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService$1.call(AddOnDetectionService.java:64)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$null$492(Service.java:725)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$executeTask$493(Service.java:724)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.io.filefilter.TrueFileFilter
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	... 14 more

Last edited by Vahrokh : 12/21/21 at 09:09 PM.
12/22/21, 05:28 AM   #16
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I can repeatably get it to hang on add on detection, then terminate it, restart it and now it shows the addons.
Yeah, this is a known bug also mentioned at the troubleshooting sticky post.

This file filter thing is new to me, never had that happen so far.
The org.apache.commons.io.filefilter.TrueFileFilter should be given within standard java "commonsio.jar" file but it does not seem to find it for you.
From the log it says the classpath used for Minion is:
java.class.path=E:\Program Files\Minion\app\
And the cmmons io would be "lib/commons-io-2.4.jar"
Could you validate that the file is given in your Minion install sub-directories.

Also did you add the Minion install folder to your antivirus/anti malware program's whitelist/exclusion list?
e.g. Windows Defender or Windows updates sometime tend to block access to the application especially if installed to the default install folder,
or as it tries to manipulate files in your users/documents folder.

Last edited by Baertram : 12/22/21 at 05:41 AM.
12/22/21, 06:41 AM   #17
Vahrokh
Yeah, this is a known bug also mentioned at the troubleshooting sticky post.

This file filter thing is new to me, never had that happen so far.
The org.apache.commons.io.filefilter.TrueFileFilter should be given within standard java "commonsio.jar" file but it does not seem to find it for you.
From the log it says the classpath used for Minion is:
java.class.path=E:\Program Files\Minion\app\
And the cmmons io would be "lib/commons-io-2.4.jar"
Could you validate that the file is given in your Minion install sub-directories.

Also did you add the Minion install folder to your antivirus/anti malware program's whitelist/exclusion list?
e.g. Windows Defender or Windows updates sometime tend to block access to the application especially if installed to the default install folder,
or as it tries to manipulate files in your users/documents folder.
Thank you for your prompt reply!

I have checked under E:\Program Files\Minion\app\ and there is a lib directory with a mix of Dec 2021 and 2016 (???) files and folder.
There's no "lib/commons-io-2.4.jar" file.

I've reinstalled Minion and totally "pruned" all the directories several times in the last days, so this is what a fresh install gets me.

I've also installed JDK 17, in hope it'd bring in the latest stuff, but nope.

If this can help:

- ESO executables are installed in E:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online (I did not pick exactly that folder, it did it by itself when I installed the game 7 years (!) ago).
- ESO addons are located under C:\Users\<Redacted>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
- Minion is installed under E:\Program Files\Minion\ and is run as Administrator
- Minion settings are in C:\Users\<Redacted>\.minion
- JDK is installed in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17.0.1

Below this text is a dump of all my environment variables. There are a lot, because I am a software developer too ��

Nota Bene:
Minion (after a difficult first install many years ago) flawlessly worked for 4+ years until the Log4J update. I downloaded the update and... WHAM! Dead. Since then, I reinstalled it from scratch 7-8 times but it won't work.

Code:
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
APPDATA=C:\Users\<Redacted>\AppData\Roaming
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=PC-<Redacted>-MAIN
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
DriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
GOBIN=E:\projects\<Redacted>\software\golang\bin
GOCACHE=E:\projects\<Redacted>\software\golang\go-build
GOPATH=E:\projects\<Redacted>\software\golang
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\<Redacted>
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\<Redacted>\AppData\Local
LOGONSERVER=\\PC-<Redacted>-MAIN
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=12
OneDrive=C:\Users\<Redacted>\OneDrive
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI;C:\Program Files (x86)\mkvtoolnix;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\PHPUnit;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\VirtualFile\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\VirtualFile64\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\FileProtector\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\FileProtector64\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;E:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\;E:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;E:\projects\laragon\bin\php\php-7.2.11-Win32-VC15-x64;;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;E:\Go\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;E:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Users\<Redacted>\AppData\Local\Yarn\config\global\node_modules\.bin;C:\Users\<Redacted>\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin;C:\Users\<Redacted>\AppData\Roaming\npm;E:\projects\laragon\bin;E:\projects\laragon\bin\apache\httpd-2.4.35-win64-VC15\bin;E:\projects\laragon\bin\composer;E:\projects\laragon\bin\git\bin;E:\projects\laragon\bin\git\cmd;E:\projects\laragon\bin\git\mingw64\bin;E:\projects\laragon\bin\git\usr\bin;E:\projects\laragon\bin\laragon\utils;E:\projects\laragon\bin\mysql\mysql-5.7.24-winx64\bin;E:\projects\laragon\bin\nginx\nginx-1.14.0;E:\projects\laragon\bin\ngrok;E:\projects\laragon\bin\nodejs\node-v12;E:\projects\laragon\bin\notepad++;E:\projects\laragon\bin\php\php-7.4.26-Win32-vc15-x64;E:\projects\laragon\bin\postgresql\postgresql-9.6.2-x64\bin;E:\projects\laragon\bin\putty;E:\projects\laragon\bin\python\python-3.6.1;E:\projects\laragon\bin\python\python-3.6.1\Scripts;E:\projects\laragon\bin\redis\redis-x64-3.2.100;E:\projects\laragon\bin\telnet;E:\projects\laragon\bin\yarn\bin;E:\projects\laragon\usr\bin;C:\Users\<Redacted>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=9e0a
PROG27B48B2C051=1
PROG27B48B2C054=1
ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
PSModulePath=C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\
PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=x:\temp
TMP=x:\temp
USERDOMAIN=PC-<Redacted>-MAIN
USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=PC-<Redacted>-MAIN
USERNAME=<Redacted>
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\<Redacted>
windir=C:\WINDOWS
windows_tracing_flags=3
windows_tracing_logfile=C:\BVTBin\Tests\installpackage\csilogfile.log

Last edited by Vahrokh : 12/22/21 at 06:57 AM.
12/22/21, 08:42 AM   #18
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
There should be a file called "commons-io-2.4" in your libs folder.
At least it is there after a fresh install of Minion 3.0.5 (before the update is applied):

And this is the same folder after I had started Minion and the update was downloaded and applied

If any of these libs are missing for you try to change the folder where you install Minion to to e.g. E:\Minion (not within the users or programs folder) AND create the folder before installing it + add the whole folder & subfolders to the whitelist of your antivirus tools.
Check if this solves it. Maybe the files got blocked during install already.

Also re-download the latest Minion 32bit installer from the website to make sure you got the correct file:
https://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/v3/Minion3.0.5-32bit.exe
12/22/21, 11:22 AM   #19
Vahrokh
There should be a file called "commons-io-2.4" in your libs folder.
At least it is there after a fresh install of Minion 3.0.5 (before the update is applied):

And this is the same folder after I had started Minion and the update was downloaded and applied

If any of these libs are missing for you try to change the folder where you install Minion to to e.g. E:\Minion (not within the users or programs folder) AND create the folder before installing it + add the whole folder & subfolders to the whitelist of your antivirus tools.
Check if this solves it. Maybe the files got blocked during install already.

Also re-download the latest Minion 32bit installer from the website to make sure you got the correct file:
https://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/v3/Minion3.0.5-32bit.exe
I installed the v3.0.5-32 bit and it immediately worked. It updated addons and everything was fine. I installed it in another directory as well and not under Program Files.

*THEN* I restarted it and it asked me to update. I did that.

Since then, it bombs again, with the same exception. So, it's not about the directory or the 32 vs 64 bit. The v 3.0.9 simply won't work. At least, for me.
12/23/21, 02:26 AM   #20
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
But it does for me and as you can see at my 3rd screnshot above there are new/updated jar files in the lib folder and the io file is still there,

Did you check the lib folder after the update? Seems the update is removing the jar files then for you somehow.
Maybe any antivirus tool is blocking the extraction of the update as it will be downloaded to your windows temp folder (or similar).

Backup the files before the update, do the update and paste the backuped files into the folder but do not overwrite exisitng ones as this would replace the new jar files of log4j with the old security troubling one again.

Here is the Minion 3.0.9 libs folder with all jar files: Minion 3.0.9 32bit jar lib files

Last edited by Baertram : 12/23/21 at 02:30 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion not loading add-ons