11/25/19, 01:13 AM   #1
frozenhamster
[Addon Request] Group Set Assign Tool

I´m rather sure that most of this is impossible due to ZOS restrictions but I want to pitch the idea anyways and maybe it´s possible at some other time.

So there are plenty of sets for plenty of roles out there.
I main a healer and in vTrials it is beneficial to communicate with my fellow healer what sets/skills I use.
I look for an addon that has a list of the most viable healer and tank (maybe even) dd sets and skills and announce my sets/skills to the group. If there is the dropdown option it could even be role restricted, so when I got healer role it only shows me healer sets.

In the UI I would see my name and then a dropdown (or text field) for 3 sets (body/jewellery weapon/Monster). There I can choose/paste my used sets. Same for skills. Maybe 3 fields for used skills.
I would then say I use Olorime, Jorvulds, Symphone of Blades, Overflowing Altar, Power of the Light and Ele Drain.

Now there is a announce/report button that announces these things in chat.
Maybe there is a way to automatically read out sets and even skills.
Maybe there is an option to broadcast what other set combinations I could be running.

This is the barebone variant that is probably possible to develop.

Now to my dream features that are probably impossible to develop.

- A group shared UI where everyone in the group (with the addon) can see the sets I currently wear
- A list in this UI where people can see what sets/set combinations I (and others) have
- A request feature where people can request certain sets/skills (and what skills are available)
- A vote option for the above feature (stam dd requesting hircine - other stam can vote for this as well - based on the number of votes I can decide running hircine is better than running worm)

This would solve quite a bit of pre trial communication.
Right now in every vTrial I have to ask: if a stamplar in in group for potl, if a tank is running altar, if the other healer is runnin ele drain, what sets the other healer is using, some dd asking if anyone can run hircines etc.

This would be mainly beneficial for tanks and healers who have to comminucate their set usage, but probably interesting for dd as well (master architect for example).
11/25/19, 01:32 AM   #2
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
I don't do trials, but for those that do, it sounds like a great addon idea.

It seems like something that could potentially be added to great addons like:
Bandits Gear Manager
AlphaGear 2

If you agree, perhaps leave your request on their comment pages?

Maybe https://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/ might help until someone can implement something in-game?
11/25/19, 02:35 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had a similar idea in the past but never created it because:
You cannot automatically send messages to chat.
You always need to pres the return key.
So for 1 item this will be ok but if you want to send a complete set info + text and itemlinks this will be more than 1 message and most likely annoy you too much as you need to press the return key in between each time.
Having other addons active which change chat channels automatically will also interfer and send the message to the wrong channel then, and whatever problems there could be or happen

If there would be a better way to communicate to groups like they have your same addon installed and can see the information somehow on their UI, send via MapPings (but there are plenty of addons already sending data with this "workaround" which I do not want to do as well as it might get you kicked due to too much messages send in too short time; and the other addons are like ultimate, dps and heal sharing which is more needed [at least in other ppl's eyes]).

I'd love if ZOs could finally create an addon chat channel where only addons are allowed to post and read data to/from, and maybe only out of cyrodiil and out of combat so no dmg sharing etc. is possible via this chat channel. This would be great as it would create SOOOOO many new addon possibilities like our idea here,
or sharing of role play texts, biographies, afk messages, "inspect other players complete gear and skills" etc.

Btw:
We managed to do those pre-trial questions and set choosing before trials via our forums, but if you run random this is impossible, yes.
Maybe use a notebook addon and copy&paste some predefined texts like "Stam DDs pelase write 'stam+' into group chat" and you can easily count and decide your sets then.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/25/19 at 02:39 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Addon Request] Group Set Assign Tool