01/09/20, 01:32 AM   #1
Kenza
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Group Health Warnings

Could Bloody Screen be easily converted to work for party members' HP warning too? I tried looking at the lua code hoping I could just change "player" to "group" somewhere or something, but I don't know anything about lua so it didn't make much sense, haha..

I know of Merlins Heal Helper (although I haven't tried it with Elsweyr), but if this could be done with blood splatters instead, it would be so much cooooler~
01/09/20, 04:11 AM   #2
Scootworks

you could try https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...hincl.Pet.html
01/09/20, 08:16 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You want to show splatters on your screen as any member of the group is low at health?
Makes no sense imo as you first would need to check which of the group members is low to turn to it and us the front conal heals or get in it's heal range.

I'm also using Unit Frames Rebirth and it is great. You always have to check the group members and the enemies attacks if you are a healer so looking at the frames and the gameplay will automatically show you who is low or will get low soon and you are prepared to heal the correct ones fast then, instead of keeping your head down and start searching them as they are low already (which might be too late ).
01/09/20, 10:27 AM   #4
Kenza
Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
I really like the blinking bars, and pet bars! I'm already using LUI and really like the look of their group unit frames, but hmm..

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You want to show splatters on your screen as any member of the group is low at health?
Yes, because 80% of the time so far on my 'healer' I have been DPSing so far, and I'm bad at having tunnel vision when DPSing. I am a newbie and havent learned which fights actually need healers yet.. So far all I've done are normal dungeons, but I still feel bad when people get low health because I'm too busy paying attention to rotation rather than health bars.

No, I don't intend to rely on this for content that actually requires a dedicated healer, in that case I'll be in 'healer mode' watching HP bars already like you said.

Last edited by Kenza : 01/09/20 at 10:35 AM.
01/09/20, 12:24 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'd not use such big blood textures for that purpose as they make the game slower. Big texture = maybe big memory usage.

Just learn to watch the health abrs of group members even if you are tunnel focussed on teh enemies Always keep one "oh ****" heal on your dd bar. Should work in most content.
If an addon needs to tell you to stop focussing on dmg you should either play a DD instead or learn to have the group members in sight. Maybe use other positioning and always stand so that you got them in view and can use the health bars of the players above their heads (if enabled).
This will also teach you how to position good for bonus group dmg skills like the healing staff's 3rd skill's morph or conal front heals, as a benefit you can watch the enemies and see when they cast and maybe eben interrupt them with the destruction staff's 1st skill morph.
01/09/20, 01:28 PM   #6
Kenza
Oookaaayy, that's what I've been doing so far, I'll keep working on it.
Got it about the frontal heals and combat prayer, if only dps would stop running away when I'm trying to line them up :| But such is pug life I guess.
Didn't know about destro skill 1 being an interrupt, that seems handy, thanks for the tip!
01/09/20, 07:02 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you morph it to interruipt you can use it on range, yes.
Good for some dungeons.

And the DDs will always run. Most don't even know what the good fields are and run away from healing fields etc...
You know:
Tank dead -> Healers faults
Healer dead -> Tanks fault
DD dead -> own fault

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Group Health Warnings