03/27/15, 08:37 AM   #1
[WIP] Communicate with external program - Demo with playlist player

Hi !
Recently, I've search a way to play custom soundtrack in ESO (The original is fine, I just want to add some track ). But I quickly realised that it was impossible with this API... So I decided to use a very VERY awfull and uncertain way, but finally I got something working

The program is in two parts :
The ESO addon, which read the current map num, convert it to a binary array, and then use ten pixels (9 for data + one for read the correct color) in the left up corner (so 0*0 to 9*0) to display this number.
And the win program, which read the pixels, convert it to binary and to decimal, and then do anything with it

Nevertheless, I'm a very noob with the ESO API, and the addon part is even more ugly than the program :3

The terrible addon source : http://pastebin.com/haP5EtQL
(For battle and boss Battle, atm I use key to bind , it's not automatic ^^" )
And the certainly non-less terrible C++ program source : http://pastebin.com/s1Sas1n7 (Using Fmodex for play sounds)

The win program can certainly work for anyone, but for the addon I'm very doubtful about that, since I don't test it with other resolution than 1080*1920 ^^'

If someone want to try this draft, here's a zip : http://www.mediafire.com/download/i9...x4/ESO+CMP.zip
But It's certainly very buggy at the moment

03/27/15, 08:53 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only way to read data output by eso without a reloadui is to read memory

I don't think ZOS will like to see their executable memory readen
It's like that we wrote bots and cheating programs

I strongly suggest you to do not talk too much of your project (especially here, there are zos devs reading us) if you don't want to have your eso account ban.

It's not an offense, playing music is good, I would LOVE to play skyrim songs, music, etc.
But you actually must do some tricks that zos won't clearly like to see development.

I really think our limit is "the public LUA" and nothing more
ZOS don't say anything for people who use a custom launcher because it dosn't modify the eso.exe itself.
They don't say anything for RU project or cervanteso which add a custom dat files

But to trying to play with protected LUA functions, read eso.exe memory, can make risk some problems with your ingame account I think.

Anyway, have fun with this

03/27/15, 11:23 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you do not want to read the eso.exe memory/screen you could do a workaround maybe:

Save a screenshot as some trigger executes (may freeze the screen for a few milli seconds ) and then let your external program check the screenshot folder for new files, read the file's pixels, delete the screenshot afterwards.

maybe this can work without any1 getting "angry" with ZOS :-)

03/27/15, 01:20 PM   #4
merlight
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If you do not want to read the eso.exe memory/screen you could do a workaround maybe:

Save a screenshot as some trigger executes (may freeze the screen for a few milli seconds ) and then let your external program check the screenshot folder for new files, read the file's pixels, delete the screenshot afterwards.
That's just a more clunky way of reading the frame buffer IMO the difference between the OP and directly reading process memory is purely technical.

03/28/15, 03:47 AM   #5
Fyrakin

Any 3rd party program reading process memory poses a serious security risk. I wouldn't reccomend anyone using that kind of solution.

03/28/15, 04:55 AM   #6
It don't read ESO memory at all x)
It get windows's display pixel, it's exactly like take a screenshot and read it ^^'

And to be sure It's leggit, I don't even interact in any way with the window of the game, just Windows, so it work only in windowed.
I only use https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396

Injector's like SweetFX's one do a lot more, and nobody get ban for use it :x

Last edited by 04348 : 03/28/15 at 05:17 AM.

03/28/15, 10:28 AM   #7
Ayantir

I'm a way too old for that kind of stuff

ESOUI » AddOns » Alpha/Beta AddOns » [WIP] Communicate with external program - Demo with playlist player