11/04/14, 01:25 PM   #1
BigMons

Exclamation Minion detecting some addons up-to-date when they aren't

Hi, I reinstalled Windows 7 x64 last night. I moved it from my SSD onto my HDD because my SSD has limited space and I wanted to install ESO onto the SSD. I also hadn't noticed a lot of improvement from having my OS on my SSD anyway. Before doing this, I copied my ESO directory to another partition. After finishing the OS install, I formatted the SSD and then copied the ESO directory to the SSD and then updated the client for the 1.5 patch. I also copied my "Elder Scrolls Online" directory, that contains my addons, to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents. It now looks like: C:\Users\Crib\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns. My addons are detected ingame, but they were all out of date, which is expected.

I didn't want to update everything manually, so I decided to try Minion. I've installed it to D:\Minion, which is my SSD. Minion seems to run fine, and it detected that 10 of my addons needed to be updated, which it did. However, it also detects that many of my addons are already up-to-date and shows the wrong version number for the addon in Minion. I haven't updated any addons manually. If I load ESO and check the addons at the character select screen, it shows the correct outdated version.

Example: Wykkyd's Quest Tracker is installed version 1.9.27.1
Minion shows version 2.0.1.1 installed, which would mean that it's up-to-date. Therefore, Minion doesn't let me update the addon because it thinks it's already updated. Advanced Filters is another addon that is detected as the wrong version. Minion shows 0.7.1, but I have an older version installed.

Do I need to uninstall and then reinstall my addons through Minion in order to get them properly detected? 10 of the addons were detected correctly and updated without doing this.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (4.4 KB, 445 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (13.0 KB, 349 views)
11/06/14, 11:40 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi BigMons,

Thanks, I'm away for a conference this week however I'll investigate it further as to why its not properly detecting the version for Wykkyd's Quest Tracker when I get back. I appreciate that you posted your config files for me.

The quick way to fix this on your end is as you suggested. Just right click on the AddOn under the installed list and choose "uninstall" and then go to the find more tab and install the AddOn again. Anything installed through Minion will be tracked accurately version wise.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion detecting some addons up-to-date when they aren't