06/02/18, 06:31 PM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] GetItemUniqueId -> GetItemLinkUniqueId

Hey chip,

the function GetItemUniqueId(bag, slot) is available to get a unique int64 value of an item from the given bag and slotIndex.
Code:
* GetItemUniqueId(*[Bag|#Bag]* _bagId_, *integer* _slotIndex_)
** _Returns:_ *id64:nilable* _id_
Could we please have the same function for an itemlink as well, if this is possible (not sure how exactly these int64 values are build internally, so maybe you really need the bag and slotIndex in there?).

Lua Code:
  1. * GetItemLinkUniqueId(*string* _itemLink_)
  2. ** _Returns:_ *id64:nilable* _id_

Thanks a lot!

06/02/18, 06:38 PM   #2
Dolgubon

This doesn't make sense, when you look at what a Unique ID is. The Unique ID is unique even between items of the same type. So stay you have two stages that are the same and have the same item link, they will still have different Unique IDs. So it doesn't make sense to be able to get it from an item link.

06/02/18, 06:45 PM   #3
Kyoma
The only way to get a unqiue item id from an item link would be if it actually contained the unique item id of whatever it was linked from. So yea, Dolgubon is probably right.

06/03/18, 09:00 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ok, I thought the itemLink contains all information about quality, level, enchantment, etc. which builds the unique item ID for an item.
Didn't know the itemLink is the same for these different items but maybe the itemLink only relies on the "itemId" then which isn't unique?

06/03/18, 09:03 AM   #5
Rhyono
The item link does contain the stuff you listed, but that's not enough to make it unique. I could make two pieces of identical gear and slap on identical glyphs and their links would be the same. Their UIDs would be different, though.

06/03/18, 09:12 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Someone told me the uniqueIds behave differently in the past. I mean the name "unique" is telling me you are right.
But they said the uniqueId is the same for items that are totally the same.

06/03/18, 09:37 AM   #7
sirinsidiator

You are probably thinking about the itemInstanceIds which are generated from the information contained in the link and have changed in the past as new fields have been added.

06/03/18, 01:21 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Well it does not seem to be possible as described above so please close this request then.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] GetItemUniqueId -> GetItemLinkUniqueId