02/17/14, 08:38 AM   #1
Moonraker
Premium Member

Premium Member
User Page - No Way to Edit

Currently the User Page only shows my name and an old avatar image with no way to edit anything.

The avatar icon is outdated and not sure where it is pulled from.

I assume it is still WIP but wanted to note this here.

02/17/14, 04:54 PM   #2
Nynaeve

ESOhead doesn't currently have as robust a registration system as ESOui here does.
Apparently, when you sign up, it goes on a priority basis, starting with your wowhead, so if you have a wowhead account, my guess would be that your wowhead has the outdated avatar, and ESOhead pulled it from there.
Idk if it is "locked" for now, or if perhaps changing your wowhead avatar (of whichever site from it was pulled for you) would change it.

From the comment page on wowhead's intro news article on Esohead:
Welcome esohead to the wowhead family
fewyn, yesterday at 7:49 AM
Hello everyone! It's me fewyn, I'm the one heading up over at Esohead and I hope I can answer some questions for you. When you login for the first time at Esohead it picks a username automatically, this is based on a priority system with Wowhead being the first username it tries to use if available, if that doesn't work it moves on to our other sites in the network. Though we have some fixes coming for those who don't like their automatically chosen username but right at this time if you want to change your username I cannot do it. But if you send me an email over at [email protected] I'll be see about getting it done when I can. Which hopefully will be Soon.

Any further questions feel free to ask, I'll be keep an eye out over here!

Last edited by Nynaeve : 02/17/14 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Lysdexia. woehead =/= wowhead. It's funny, though.

02/17/14, 05:04 PM   #3
Moonraker
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
ESOhead doesn't currently have as robust a registration system as ESOui here does.
Apparently, when you sign up, it goes on a priority basis, starting with your wowhead, so if you have a wowhead account, my guess would be that your wowhead has the outdated avatar, and ESOhead pulled it from there.
Idk if it is "locked" for now, or if perhaps changing your wowhead avatar (of whichever site from it was pulled for you) would change it.

From the comment page on wowhead's intro news article on Esohead:
Welcome esohead to the wowhead family
fewyn, yesterday at 7:49 AM
Thanks for the info.

I did actually check to use my Wowhead account name and to make sure my avatar was the one I set a while back which it is. So not sure where it is pulling the old avatar Esohead is currently showing which I replaced a while back. Clearly the user page is quite limited in content at the moment and it will work itself out over time.

02/17/14, 05:07 PM   #4
fewyn
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Thanks for the info.

I did actually check to use my Wowhead account name and to make sure my avatar was the one I set a while back which it is. So not sure where it is pulling the old avatar Esohead is currently showing which I replaced a while back. Clearly the user page is quite limited in content at the moment and it will work itself out over time.
Esohead is currently using Gravatar for avatars, this feature may or may not stay.

02/17/14, 05:20 PM   #5
Moonraker
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by fewyn View Post
Esohead is currently using Gravatar for avatars, this feature may or may not stay.
OK, I half thought that but just assumed it would be using settings from Wowhead as I set that on registering. I'll go change it on Gravatar.

Must say I would much prefer one centralised page for settings over ZAM or at least similar user settings including avatar like wow head. I rarely ever use the Gravatar account.

Not sure what user page settings features are intended for Esohead but maybe you could add a note on the page regarding Gravatar for others as they register.

Last edited by Moonraker : 02/17/14 at 05:22 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » ESOHead help, bugs, suggestions/questions » User Page - No Way to Edit