05/04/21, 05:42 PM   #1
igorcfreitas
Question Visual effect of enchantment on weapon

Hello, I'm trying to develop my first addon on ESO, the idea is simple:

The effect of the glyph applied to the weapon does not disappear.

I don't know if this is possible, because searching the wiki (https://wiki.esoui.com/ESOUI_API_Funcs) and elsewhere, I found nothing related to the visual effects applied to the weapon.

Is it possible to recover the visual effect of the glyph applied to the weapon?

Thanks

Edit: I added a video to show it better, the idea is that the effect disappears after 2 seconds, never fades, even with the weapon saved. https://youtu.be/9w7Sxhq0SGY

Last edited by igorcfreitas : 05/04/21 at 05:51 PM. Reason: More informations
05/05/21, 06:49 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, addons are no allowed to change visual effects, combat effects, combat sounds, music or movement, skill usage of any type.
They neither are able to read positions of non grouped players/npcs nor are they able to send automated chat messages, or do anything else that is considered "botting" (automated play).

There might be workarounds for some effects where calling api functions change visual effects, like sheath the weapons = in the past fixed some wrong weapon skins.
But you do not control any visual effects with it, it's just a side effect then. And I do not know any api function that changes the glyph glow somehow.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/05/21 at 06:51 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Visual effect of enchantment on weapon