07/02/14, 10:01 AM   #1
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Getting Account name for DiplayNameFIx

I finally managed to get the first version of this addon running:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info6...ayNameFix.html
It defintely works if you are in at least 1 Guild.
It definitely works if you saved your account name on the login page.

But I need more ways to find the account name. Some ideas where I could get it from:
- Having at least 1 mail on your in folder. Basically I just read out the first mail's target - wich should be the current account. But the API does not mention any data of the sort being avalible
- Any way to find your own chat messages (and thus the senders account name) when parsing the chat without needing to know your account name in advance?
- Any Global Constants I could querry that are not dependant on "GetDisplayName" to be set in the first place?
07/03/14, 03:35 AM   #2
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Two more things:
Garkin pointed out that I can use the three other DisplayName functions to either add or remove the "@" and check for valid return values, but I need to check a bit what exactly they are doing before I can use them for this code.

I also realised that there is at least one more way to get a DisplayName: Player override.

I add a .lua file containing nothing but this and execute it before the main code:
Lua Code:
  1. --define global variable
  2. DisplayNameFixConstants = {
  3.     WindowsUserOverride = ""
  4. }
That way any user can modify the file and force a specific display name to be shown.
But since that is not a very good way (it is a static assignement for all people who log in on this windows user) I propably put it as last effort before falling back to the original GetDisplayName().

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Getting Account name for DiplayNameFIx