03/26/15, 08:40 PM   #1
Axikal
Minion Installer Closes Immediately After Activating

When trying to install Minion Beta 2.1.4 the installer will close on the very first screen and not allow me to continue with installation.

Operating System: Windows 7 SP3
64-bit
Intended Game Use: ESO

I'm hoping to get this working so I may try it out and have better and easier access to my addons. Thank you for your help.
03/27/15, 03:22 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you try to:

-either disable LAN or remove your LAN cable/disable WLAN -> Afterwards disable your Anti-Virus program
(disabling your network or pulling the cable is only a safety reason as long as your Anti-Virus is offline! Enable it again after the installation)
-or add Minion installer to the trusted programs of your Anti-Virus program

And then run the minion installer as administrator ?

@Dolby
I'm not sure if Minion needs internet access during installation but I hope it doesn't (makes no sense for me as it's filesize is big enough with that standalone virtual machine^^)
04/04/15, 07:32 PM   #3
Webs
I'm having the exact same problem.

Windows 8.1 64-bit.

I hadn't used minion in a long time, came back, it auto-updated, telling me it needed to reinstall, then closed during re-install. I tried downloading the installer, it closes during installation as well. I tried turning off my antivirus and running the installer as admin, but no dice. Tried updating java as well, still the same problem.

Last edited by Webs : 04/04/15 at 07:35 PM.
04/06/15, 09:50 AM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
@Baertram Internet Access is not required during the install process.

@Axikal, @Webs I'm curious if the previous version 2.1.3 works for you? You can download it here: http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.1.3-beta.exe
04/11/15, 10:28 AM   #5
Webs
@Dolby, I just tried version 2.1.3, still no luck . Installer closes itself after ~10s being open (same as before).
04/14/15, 06:18 PM   #6
Webs
As an update, after I updated Java again today to Version 8 Update 45, installer now works. Yay!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Installer Closes Immediately After Activating