06/01/18, 09:34 PM   #1
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bizarre LUA error at bank & home chests

For several days I've been receiving this error when trying to interact/move items from (and to?) both the bank and home chests:
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:697: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:697: in function 'TryBankItem'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1516: in function 'INDEX_ACTION_CALLBACK'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlotActions.lua:96: in function 'ZO_InventorySlotActions:DoPrimaryAction'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/ItemSlotActionController.lua:30: in function 'callback'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:645: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:TryHandlingKeybindDown'
    (tail call): ?
This occurs when I try to move items with the default keybind [E]. The error causes this keybinding to become unusable in that context - continues to work elsewhere - and then oddly I am forced to double-left-click on items to move them! This happens with all three of my characters at the bank or any home chest; it does not happen at guild banks.

I am stumped; I presume that it's a mod causing this, but the error offers no clue as to the culprit. I was hoping for some clues to narrow my search more quickly; anyone?

Edit: Apparently there was an initial error and then a slightly different recurring one, and what is above is the latter, this being the former:
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:697: Attempt to access a private function 'PickupInventoryItem' from insecure code. The callstack became untrusted 3 stack frame(s) from the top.
stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:697: in function 'TryBankItem'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1516: in function 'INDEX_ACTION_CALLBACK'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlotActions.lua:96: in function 'ZO_InventorySlotActions:DoPrimaryAction'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/ItemSlotActionController.lua:30: in function 'callback'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:645: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:TryHandlingKeybindDown'
Still inscrutable to me because the error is happening inside of Zenimax's own LUA code... or at least appears to be.

Last edited by VulcanTourist : 06/02/18 at 01:04 AM.
06/02/18, 12:07 AM   #2
SDPhantom

That line points to a problem with PickupInventoryItem() being nil.
06/02/18, 01:09 AM   #3
VulcanTourist
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
That line points to a problem with PickupInventoryItem() being nil.
What does that tell me? How does it point to a culprit that isn't Zenimax?
06/02/18, 01:12 AM   #4
Dolgubon

Have you tested it without any addons? See if it works without any. If it still doesn't work, it's zos, otherwise, you know it is an addon. You can try to turn half on, half off to narrow it down. Searching your addons folder for PickupInventoryItem might help.
06/02/18, 01:15 AM   #5
VulcanTourist
I searched for use of that function in all of my mods and found that only three called it. Disabling AwesomeGuildStore finally eliminated the error.
06/02/18, 01:21 AM   #6
VulcanTourist
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
Have you tested it without any addons? See if it works without any. If it still doesn't work, it's zos, otherwise, you know it is an addon. You can try to turn half on, half off to narrow it down. Searching your addons folder for PickupInventoryItem might help.
Heh, I didn't see your reply initially, as I began typing my following post just before you posted it. Great minds think alike? *shrug*

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Bizarre LUA error at bank & home chests