03/17/23, 03:46 PM   #1
Sonor
Sorcerer Helper

Hi. I really love this addon, Sorcerer Helper, but it stopped working after the patch on monday. I get this message:

user:/AddOns/SorcererHelper/SorcererHelper.lua:500: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/SorcererHelper/SorcererHelper.lua:500: in function 'SH.ResetScales'
|caaaaaa<Locals> scale = 1, ability = 1 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/SorcererHelper/SorcererHelper.lua:482: in function 'SH.CreateUI'
user:/AddOns/SorcererHelper/SorcererHelper.lua:986: in function 'OnPlayerActivated'

I just came back to ESO a couple weeks ago and it worked then. It's been a while since the last update, Updated: 03/26/20 05:16 PM, and crystal frag didn't work pre patch. I wrote to the guy that has taking over it, Vahrokh, but it's been a while since he did something with it. Can someone have a look at it, continue the work on it?
This is one of my most important addons. Can't find anything that come close to it. If it's not gonna get fixed, does anyone know of something that is similar? Or do you guys have more ways to contact Vahrokh and see if he can fix the addon? I would be very happy for some help from an admin or addon warlocks our there.

Take care everyone
Best regards - Sonor from Sweden
03/17/23, 04:56 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello Sonor,

I understand that this is an important addon for you but please read the sticky posts before posting here in the forums:
>"Please read BEFORE asking addon&library questions/post bugs/ask to remove your addon"

I saw that you already posted at the addon comments 2 days ago so just wait a bit longer please for the dev to respond or try to contact him/her via private message on the forum so they will get noticed (as the sticky post all ask for and explain).

Thank you

Edit:
As the addon ships with bundled and outdated libraries and uses LibStub read this pelase and fix most of the issues yourself already:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

Remove the subfolder "libs" and change the calls to LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0") to LibAddonMenu2 instead as described there.

Last edited by Baertram : 03/17/23 at 04:58 PM.
03/17/23, 05:11 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check the addon comments for a fixed version which I've prepared, hope it works.
03/19/23, 11:59 AM   #4
Sonor
Hi Beartram.

So kind of you to have a look at it. I think I read the wrong post. I'm so sorry. I missed this one in the right post "If no answer was given within ~2-4 weeks you may ask for someone here at this forum". Sorry again. I will wait and see if he will do something about the addon. The fix you did, doesn't seem to work. But a super thanks for trying to fix it. My bad to bother you (and others here). Sorry again.

Take care and have a nice day now. Best regards from Sweden.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Sorcerer Helper