11/14/22, 09:30 PM   #61
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Warning: Spoiler

Also someone mentioned that your database is being tainted with false information to manipulate prices.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/14/22 at 09:33 PM.
12/15/22, 03:11 AM   #62
kueqvzzv
File comments: 27
Uploads: 0

using tamrieltradecentre.com is getting crazy .. now we have to verify series of 12 captchas every page we open
12/19/22, 08:50 PM   #63
cyxui
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
I was looking for some Winter Festival Writs to see some of the differences to make sure I have a material cost for them. When looking on your site there are a lot of them from "Made in USSR" with no location.

If you allow translations and such do you check that the translators are using a newer EXE and update their Lua code? It seems odd they would miss the location. I personally think is would be better to download all the translations and incorporate them into one download for consistency if you database is flooded with seemingly suspicious data.

I would be willing to make the Lua changes if needed. However, I can not manage the EXE portion.
No location could mean 2 things.

1. Caused by an ages old ZOS bug where your guild info says you have no trader hired even though you do
2. Someone was posting on the website manually and did not specify a location.
12/19/22, 08:51 PM   #64
cyxui
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Warning: Spoiler

Also someone mentioned that your database is being tainted with false information to manipulate prices.
Sorry missed forgot to check this thread for a while. Next time it happens plz drop me an email and I can ban the person easily
12/19/22, 08:52 PM   #65
cyxui
Originally Posted by kueqvzzv View Post
File comments: 27
Uploads: 0

using tamrieltradecentre.com is getting crazy .. now we have to verify series of 12 captchas every page we open
Sorry but the captcha is required to block off bots from abusing TTC's server resource.

The server got brought down several times before and thats why I had to introduce captcha wall to keep it alive.

The captcha is provided by Google and has two components:

1. It has a hidden test which estimates how likely you are a bot with machine learning algorithm.
2. If the first test says you are likely a bot then the second level captcha system will kick in.

There are few things you can do to reduce the likelihood of being flagged as bot for the 1st test
1. Do NOT disable cookie. Google will need to have some way to keep track of the machine learning progress. If you disable cookie then they will see you as a new user every time. And if all the requests coming from your IP are all new users then it would look super suspicious.
2. Do NOT use browser addons which would interfere w/ Google's captcha service. (for example ad blocker which attempts to block all Google's service including captcha)
3. Do not use any automation software/addon to query TTC such as a custom web client or an auto refresher.
4. Do not wait too long to solve the captcha
5. Try not to use VPN as it will greatly increase your chance of being identified as bot if someone is botting using the same VPN software as you

And just one tip. If you are opening up several windows at once. You only have to solve captcha on one window and refresh the rest.
01/20/23, 01:48 AM   #66
Octopuss

I see all the feedback here felt on completely deaf ears.
The super annoying popup ads are still there.
What an awesome feature to reset all your search settings when you just want to open the website in a new tab to look for something else.

Last edited by Octopuss : 01/20/23 at 01:50 AM.
01/20/23, 08:09 AM   #67
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Octopuss View Post
What an awesome feature to reset all your search settings when you just want to open the website in a new tab to look for something else.

If you open a new tab it will show the initial website so how should it keep the search settings in a new tab?

Or did you open it by copying the other tab's URL? e.g. https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc...on%C3%BCberzug
Works for me, it will search for the same item then.

Also works wih a detailed search URL and copy that:
https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc...z&LevelMin=210

Last edited by Baertram : 01/20/23 at 08:11 AM.
01/20/23, 09:34 AM   #68
Octopuss

If you have TTC opened with some search results, right click on the search link at the top left corner of the page and click on "open in new tab", AND at that moment trigger that popup ad (that contrary to what the TTC author claimed triggers WAY more often than in 1% of cases), new tab does not open, you get that popup ad instead, and the search results are reset upon closing it.
01/20/23, 09:58 AM   #69
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I was able to get the popup once in 20 tries now, and I right clicked and choose to open a new tab and left clicked it.
Only left clicking triggered it for me, so this is just random I'd say.
Compared to how many times I need to search this 1time advertisement was okay for me. Maybe it depends on used browser, location, plugins etc. so yeah, it could show more often for others.

But you are right: As I closed the add my current search results at the shown tab were reset all of sudden.
And this really is disturbing.

But pressing "back" on the tab to get last shown page worked for me as a workaround.
01/20/23, 10:56 AM   #70
Octopuss

Popup ads shouldn't exist in the first place... like what year is this, 2001? No thank you, damnit.
01/20/23, 11:47 AM   #71
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Some of those popup adds really annoy, yes.
Most are shown integrated into the website and I'm fine with it.

Well, but the solution is easy:

Either add blocker
Or like the addon dev asked for support in his very first post here at the thread:
Code:
1. Force ads on everyone and allow people to sub for ad free content
01/26/23, 01:04 PM   #72
cyxui
I see all the feedback here felt on completely deaf ears.
The super annoying popup ads are still there.
I have explained multiple times already. Pop up/full screen ad only shows up on a low probability. Usually less than 1 time/day for regular users. (The more you use the more you will run into obviously)

Its either full screen ad on low probability or one more ad on the page consistently. I know you probably going to say no to both. But what other options do I have?
01/27/23, 01:26 AM   #73
Octopuss

I know for a fact these popups show up in at least 10% of the cases for me. Most certainly WAY above what you claim.

And honestly, as much as I like TTC and think the website does unmeasurable service to the community, if you can't make it work with several ads on every page and obnoxious ones on top of thatm then maybe... <insert annoyed remark about ads that are too much>

Also see my compaint about opening another instance of the page and having everything reset.
01/27/23, 09:03 AM   #74
Sharlikran

I Understand your point of view and I'm not trying to interject anything into that part of the conversation.

What I thought I might point out is from a developer standpoint. I don't do enough Web development to know for sure but I would think Web browsers have properties that are specific to each window.

So as you mentioned you're opening a completely new instance of the window and therefore you see the pop up.

While I feel that the feedback you're giving is valid there really may not be a way to program that so that the browser copies properties over from the 1st window so that you don't see this add again.
01/27/23, 01:07 PM   #75
Octopuss

That's a fair point, but even then I strongly believe the popup ads show up way often than in 1% of cases even without opening new instances (that's not something I do on regular basis, mind you).
01/27/23, 01:16 PM   #76
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes, that maybe but you should not focus on 1% vs 10% here any longer. As long as it's not 30% or more it should be acceptable for a free service, isn't it?

The author already explained why he had to do that step, and what the other steps would have been.
He cannot make it acceptable for all as its his bare money that get's lost there, which we need to accept.

So you should focus on yur descired outcome now and decide what your desired result will be:

a) You (and others) go on ranting about it w/o paying and the total service will be shut down in the end
b) You pay and help and the adds are gone for you
c) You use it with the adds and click them away as they appear (Pressing the back button on the browser navigation should bring you back to where you were before the add came up and so your search that you tried to open should be repeatable that way. If not: Maybe provide 1 example to the author so he can rebuild it and fix it, if possible).
d) You do not use the service anymore
01/28/23, 12:04 AM   #77
cyxui
I know for a fact these popups show up in at least 10% of the cases for me. Most certainly WAY above what you claim.

And honestly, as much as I like TTC and think the website does unmeasurable service to the community, if you can't make it work with several ads on every page and obnoxious ones on top of thatm then maybe... <insert annoyed remark about ads that are too much>

Also see my compaint about opening another instance of the page and having everything reset.
Well a new instance is called new instance for a reason. The best way would be to just click on the close button on the button right of the ad or hit the x button.

If google arent lying about the impression count (which i cannot show) then I can confirm its exactly 1% of the time. From my own observation new visitors have higher chance of running into it. So if you are blocking the cookie or constantly deleting it then it will increase your chance.
01/28/23, 07:13 AM   #78
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by cyxui View Post
Well a new instance is called new instance for a reason. The best way would be to just click on the close button on the button right of the ad or hit the x button.
I tried that X/close button at the popup add and it sent me back to a blank search page, so I can confirm the "issue" that closing the popup add will forget your current search criteria.
This does not work, or not as you think it should

But I was able to click "back" on my browser and it send me back to my last entered search criteria, you just need to say "yes resend the data to the server" and it will redo the search then (tested with Edge browser).
01/28/23, 11:42 PM   #79
cyxui
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I tried that X/close button at the popup add and it sent me back to a blank search page, so I can confirm the "issue" that closing the popup add will forget your current search criteria.
This does not work, or not as you think it should

But I was able to click "back" on my browser and it send me back to my last entered search criteria, you just need to say "yes resend the data to the server" and it will redo the search then (tested with Edge browser).
So after you hit the close button on the ad it sends you to a search page with no query param? Is it happening with new tab or current tab?
01/29/23, 07:44 AM   #80
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As I was able to use the back browser button it should have been the same tab. I think it happened before a new search results tab was opened, not sure anymore.

I'll try to rebuild it and provide more info (hope the pop-up add will show).

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » TTC website issues thread