04/16/20, 10:23 PM   #1
TagCdog
Grinding Loot Assistant

Hi All,

There are certain items that for a player interested in crafting materials and/or crafting training would always be considered deconstructable. These are generally items named after crafting materials like: Rubedite Helm, Ruby Ash Shield, Ancestor Silk Hat, Rubedo Leather Arm Cops of Health, etc... If these types of items have a defining name, I don't know it. Non-set items?

Is there a function in FCO ItemSaver or any other addon that would automatically mark these items as deconstructable instead of junk?

If no such addon exists, then here are some additional ideas for this potential addon:
  • Mark all basic gear as described above as deconstructable.
  • Allow the option to mark white gear as saleable junk and higher quality gear deconstructable.
  • Allow the option to mark green gear and below as saleable junk and higher quality gear deconstructable.
  • Allow the option to mark blue gear and below as saleable junk and higher quality gear deconstructable.
  • Allow the option to mark purple gear and below as saleable junk and higher quality gear deconstructable.
  • Mark all glyphs as either saleable or deconstructable.
  • Mark all non-crafted potions as saleable junk.
  • Mark all non-crafted poisons as saleable junk.
  • Mark all non-crafted food as saleable junk.
  • Mark all non-crafted drinks as saleable junk.
  • Auto-transfer deconstructable gear to banker when opened.
  • Auto-sell junk when merchant is opened.

The use case here is that someone grinding and using xp scrolls does not have to take a lot of time to figure out which items to quickly sell or deposit. Any applicable looted items are automatically marked and then deposited or sold when a merchant or banker is opened.

I know there are addons that partially do what I want: FCO ItemSaver, Personal Assistant, Scootworks Items, Do It All, etc... My main request/question is auto-marking items as deconstructable.

Last edited by TagCdog : 06/04/20 at 05:40 PM.
04/17/20, 06:20 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know any addon doing this automatically, but you could use addons like RulebasedInventory or InventoryManager to define rules and let them be marked via FCOItemSaver maybe this way.
beside that I don't know any other addon making it possible to mark items with marker icons for deconstruction.

FCOIS only supports set items. All other gear items (gear = armor/weapons & jewelry) won't be touched "automatically".
What I do is I'm using FCOIS for this purpose:
All set items get marked automatically depending on their trait as a "wished" set item.
All non wished set items get the deconstruction marker icon (mwanwhile it's even the sell icon as I have deconstructed and researched enough).

I'll make my mind and check the FCOIS code if a setting like "Mark non set armor/weapons/jewelry items" can work.

I'm using AdvancedFilters to filter at the top of the inventory the different armor and weapon types (1hd, 2hd, etc.).
At the inventory I once a day use the 4 FCOIS filter icons at the bottom of the inventory to only show items which got no FCOIS marker icon, at armor/weapons/jewelry.
The ones I want to sell will get the sell icon manually. This will remembered for the same icon on each char automatically from now on.
I'm using the keybind to "Move all sell to junk" to move them away to the junk then.

I then click the "flag" icon at the top left edge of the inventory and choose "Mark all for deconstruction" which will mark all currently filtered and visible icons for deconstruction.

You can play a lot with the different filters of AdvancedFilters, FCOCraftFilter, FCOItemSaver, AdvancedFilters plugins and even other addons to achieve your goal.
But a total automatic handling is not always possible, if you do not invest the time to configure addons with rules (like mentioned at the top of my answer here) according to your needs!

Imho: I always learned form these addons that the rules you deifne will always have at least a few circumstances where it does not work properly or items will be marked you would like to keep. And you do not notice it...
That's why the authors of these addons always add such a notice to their addons:
I will not be hold responsible for any damage or inconvenience this addon might cause for any reason.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/17/20 at 06:35 AM.
04/20/20, 01:37 PM   #3
Shadowfen
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AutoCategory - Revised is another rule-based addon that allows you to define what shows up in a "Deconstruct" verses a "Sell" category. It does not auto-decon, it just makes it easy to find the ones that you want to decon vs sell or whatever else.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Grinding Loot Assistant