Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04/23/19, 04:58 AM   #1
Atharaon
[Request] An addon to replace home localization

So I figured I'd try my hand at writing an addon and I'm saddened to say I cannot understand it at all. So, I'm hoping there's someone here who can tell me whether this is possible, or better yet, write it up!

I'm looking for an addon that allows the player to change the name of their houses on the load screens and in the UI by amending the strings in the en.lang file. For example, rather than a load screen saying "Exorcised Coven Cottage" it might say something like "Adamantine View" or whatever. Even better if we can override the description with a custom one too.

It wouldn't even matter if we could override the text through an in-game menu or by manually amending certain replacer text in the lua or other addon file, just as long as it changed the names/descriptions.

I believe there's a good chance this is possible because I've noticed a number of addons that alter the language files, e.g. to make the character sound Khajiiti, to rename the keeps in English if using another language, for Spanish translations and so on.

Now, before anyone says "but you CAN rename a house in game through the Collections menu", we all know that's crap because it doesn't even amend the title anywhere that matters, like every time you load your house and sit through an awful load screen, or on the map. Obviously this addon would aim to rectify this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] An addon to replace home localization