04/09/14, 09:58 AM   #1
Bait
Worse lag in game after patch?

The stuttering in game for me has gotten alot worse since the game patched. When i first installed ESOHead it was like this. It had stopped with last ESOHead patch but last game patch brought it back bad again. Any tips that might help because i was really enjoying the ESOHead markers addon and it is dependant.
04/09/14, 12:28 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you disable your addons, does the problem go away?
04/09/14, 06:57 PM   #3
Bait
if i disable esohead addon my problem goes away.
04/09/14, 08:08 PM   #4
fewyn
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
if i disable esohead addon my problem goes away.
What version of the addon are you running? If you aren't running the latest version you will run into issues.
04/10/14, 05:54 AM   #5
Bait
i run minion before i start and i have checked frequently but the version hasnt updated since apr 2nd. The game patch was on i think apr 6 +/- 1. That is when it started having trouble for me.
04/10/14, 08:01 AM   #6
LoPony
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
The stuttering in game for me has gotten alot worse since the game patched.
Could somebody explain to me what this code does (taken from esohead.lua):
Code:
        CALLBACK_MANAGER:FireCallbacks("OnWorldMapChanged") -- Fix for bug #23
There is no RegisterCallback call anywhere inside EsoHead, so I assume this calls some kind of not documented internal API callback?

I don’t know much about EsoHead, but with zrMiniMap and any other map-based-addon (including my own unreleased one) it looks like a call to ZO_WorldMap_UpdateMap causes a massive approximately one second stutter. I assume EsoHeads “OnWorldMapChanged” callback does more or less the same as ZO_WorldMap_UpdateMap?

If not, well I tried to help.
If yes, put this into a loop and you’ll end up by something like 3-5 fps. remove it and the problem is gone ... but functionality too
04/10/14, 08:05 AM   #7
Shinni
Originally Posted by LoPony View Post
Could somebody explain to me what this code does (taken from esohead.lua):
Code:
        CALLBACK_MANAGER:FireCallbacks("OnWorldMapChanged") -- Fix for bug #23
There is no RegisterCallback call anywhere inside EsoHead, so I assume this calls some kind of not documented internal API callback?
This callback forces the map to be redrawn. The callback is normally called if the player is moving or he right clicks on the map etc.
I don't think esohead has to call this callback. I used SetMapToPlayerLocation() in my addons without the OnWorldMapChanged callback and everything works fine.
04/10/14, 09:55 AM   #8
Bait
Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
This callback forces the map to be redrawn. The callback is normally called if the player is moving or he right clicks on the map etc.
I don't think esohead has to call this callback. I used SetMapToPlayerLocation() in my addons without the OnWorldMapChanged callback and everything works fine.
is it as easy as swapping the cmd or more involved?
04/11/14, 01:08 PM   #9
astray
Zam staff
Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
Let's say you're in Stonefalls, you open the map and right click back to the Tamriel world view and then close it from there. When your reticle passes over an object we want to track and we fire "SetMapToPlayerLocation" per the bug fix to prevent markers from being recorded on Tamriel in that situation, it will track the location just fine.

The problem is that the next time the player opens their map, there is ZO map code that thinks it needs to draw the map using the Tamriel map textures with Stonefalls data. It becomes very screwy, to say the least. In my testing the problem was resolved by firing the map callbacks to let ZO's map object know the map changed, but we later noticed it's a very expensive call. This was worked around when I found that "SetMapToPlayerLocation" returns 2 if a location is actually changed by the command and 1 if nothing needed to happen. So the callbacks are only fired when the player actually opens their map and changes it from the current map, then closes it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Worse lag in game after patch?