06/21/20, 07:33 AM   #1
orion5181
Harvest Map Alik'r Desert UI Error

Recently, around the same time as the release of the Greymoor expansion I starting having issues with my harvest map. It works fine until I open the map of the Alik'r Desert and then I get the following:

bad argument #1 to 'string.gmatch' (string expected, got table)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'string.gmatch'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Data/Serialization.lua:232: in function 'Serializationeserialize'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Data/Serialization.lua:125: in function 'Serialization:Load'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Data/Serialization.lua:75: in function 'Serialization:LoadNodesOfPinTypeToCache'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Data/Data.lua:269: in function 'Data:CheckPinTypeInCache'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Data/Data.lua:210: in function 'Data:GetMapCache'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Pins/MapPins.lua:348: in function 'MapPins:SetToMapAndPosition'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Pins/MapPins.lua:392: in function 'MapPins:PinTypeRefreshCallback'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Pins/MapPins.lua:228: in function 'PIN_CALLBACKS'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:401: in function 'lib:RedrawPinsOfPinType'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Pins/QuickPins.lua:377: in function 'lib.RedrawPins'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_Hook.lua:18: in function 'ZO_WorldMap_UpdateMap'
EsoUI/Ingame/Map/WorldMap.lua:5395: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:116: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
EsoUI/Ingame/Map/WorldMap.lua:4259: in function 'ZO_WorldMap_SetMapByIndex'
EsoUI/Ingame/Map/Keyboard/WorldMapLocations_Keyboard.lua:65: in function 'MapLocations:RowLocation_OnMouseUp'
EsoUI/Ingame/Map/Keyboard/WorldMapLocations_Keyboard.lua:78: in function 'ZO_WorldMapLocationRowLocation_OnMouseUp'
ZO_WorldMapLocationsList1Row1Location_MouseUp:3: in function '(main chunk)'

The problem only occurs when with the Alik'r Desert. I tried reinstalling and that didn't help. Any ideas or advice would be welcome
06/21/20, 01:23 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First: Read the description, changelog, sticky comments and last comments of the addon itsself here: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments
Does someone provide a fix there or is this a known problem, prodviding a fix?

If yes: Follow the instructions!

If not:

Logout.
Backup your SavaedVariables of HarvestMap.
Rename or delete the files in the live/SavedVariables folder so they will be created new.
Update all needed dependencies/libraries for HarvestMap.
Download HarvestMap again manually and be sure to install it correctly (if you are using Minion do it manually this time to be sure it's not Minion's problem):
https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php..._howto_install
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

Login.
Disable all other addons and libraries except HarvestMap and needed libraries.
Start the game and test if the bug is fixed.

If it's fixed:
Logout.
Rename the SavedVariable files again to their old names and delete new created files from last login before.
Login and try if it works now.

If the error happens again now your SavedVariable files are corrupt and you need to find new ones or farm your own new ones.
Maybe you can upload the Alik'r dessert entries of your SV files somwhere, or the total SV files that do not work, so one could check what might be the problem.

If that all does not help try to post the same comments in the Harvestmap addon comments and wait for an official answer there. But I guess it will be: Logout, delete your old SavedVariables (or edit them, search for "Alik" and delet the table with that entries) and then save and login to test it again.
06/21/20, 03:57 PM   #3
orion5181
Thank you for your advice. It turns out it was a corrupt saved variable file. Deleted and created a new file for the Daggerfall Covenant and is working fine now. Luckily don't harvest those zones much, so losing those pins wasn't too terrible.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Harvest Map Alik'r Desert UI Error