10/26/15, 11:47 AM   #1
binarypunk
Add-ons from Minion not showing up in the game

My video card crapped out on me and wouldn't work under strain (surf web-ok, play ESO not ok). So I ordered a new one. I also had my HDD crap out so I installed Win 10 on my SSD. (I think my computer issues came from a power surge, not 100% sure)

Anyway... While waiting on my card to arrive in the mail I installed ESO and started to download minion and several add-ons. Once my card came in (today!) I fired up ESO and everything worked. But when I went to configure my add-ons none were popping up. So I closed out of ESO and uninstalled/reinstalled my add-ons. Still not showing up. So I went to the settings gear (next to your minion login info) and did a force "reset add-on detection" a force "reset game detection" and a force "reset allowed hard drives". Nothing still popped up.

ESO and minion and add-ons are all located on the same SSD at:
C:\Users\ACCOUNT NAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\NameOfAddOnHere

I also took screenshots of some things I thought might be useful... maybe not, but they are there for review =)

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File Explorer Path.PNG
Views:	1199
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	635  Click image for larger version

Name:	Folder Path in Minion.PNG
Views:	826
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	636  Click image for larger version

Name:	In-Game Add-ons.PNG
Views:	859
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	637  Click image for larger version

Name:	Minion-Main.PNG
Views:	771
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	638  

Click image for larger version

Name:	In-Game Settings.PNG
Views:	986
Size:	1,019.4 KB
ID:	639  
10/26/15, 12:04 PM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please check he location of the folder Documents.

Please also check if you maybe got some cloud related options activated (OneDrive).

If you don't have any ideas, just search UserSettings.txt on your computer.
10/26/15, 12:04 PM   #3
binarypunk
Fix..?

Looks like I installed the game to OneDrive and Minion add-ons to C:/ ARRGG!

Quick couple of questions. How do I move the game to my SSD. Is it as simple as a copy and paste from OneDrive to the SSD? How do I make the game know that the file path is located on the C:/ and not on OneDrive?

Thanks... I feel like an idiot, but have absolutely no idea how I installed it to that path!
10/30/15, 06:30 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
First have a look over here:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5236

Normally you should be able top copy&paste the files from the OneDrive to your local hard drive, at some folder like c:\games\TESO or whatever you prefer.

If you start the game launcher from c:\games\TESO\... it should find the files in the same folder of the launcher. or yous imply execute the eso.exe file from within the subfolders, to start the game without the launcher.

If you need to change the path of the game somehow because it doesn't work, use the tool Registry editor (windows Key + r to run a file: regedit) and search for "zenimax" or "elder".
If you see a wrong path, backup the entries (manually, screenshot, or export the whole stuff to a .reg file to be able to import it again later on) and change them to your new directory.

Last edited by Baertram : 10/30/15 at 06:33 AM.
11/05/15, 12:18 AM   #5
SoulCrusher930
Same Issues

I am experiencing the same issues that binarypunk did (I replaced my computer and it is running Windows 10), same screen shots apply to me. So I will be waiting to see a response here after ZAM tries to replicate the problem.
11/05/15, 03:24 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher930 View Post
I am experiencing the same issues that binarypunk did (I replaced my computer and it is running Windows 10), same screen shots apply to me. So I will be waiting to see a response here after ZAM tries to replicate the problem.
Did you read the comments and answers already? I think his problem is solved and is not related to ZAM but Windows10 and the automatic OneDrive synch feature/spy methods....

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Add-ons from Minion not showing up in the game