04/15/19, 01:46 PM   #1
incite
Cool A little help would be much appreciated :D

Hi there!,

Just started playing and today i inserted a bunch of addons, but unfortunattely many of them are not working..
I am posting an ig screenshot. https://ibb.co/Lzc6cx6
If you need further infos please let me know!

Thank you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	328
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1106  
04/15/19, 01:58 PM   #2
Wheels
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check the "Enable Out of Date Addons" box in the top right
04/15/19, 02:01 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Explanation:
This checkbox just checks a txt file in each addon folder. In there is a parameter ##APIVersion: 1000xx
The current API version is 100026. TZhis will increase with patches, so Elsweyr will be 100027.

All this checkbox "enabled" does is check the GetAPIVersion() routine ingame, which currently returns 100026 and in the future 100027 and 28 etc. against the txt files of the addons.
If in the addon is written 100024 it's declared as "outdated". But it might still work (about 95% do!).
So this is no "does the addon really not work anymore" check but only a number comparison, thus nonsense...

Because addon devs do not invest like 10 minutes to update 1 of their about 50 addons just to increase the apiversion, so the users get the idea the addon is "sill up 2 date", where the addon might even be broken and throw error messages ingame. But at least the APIVersion in the txt file is updated :-p
04/15/19, 03:05 PM   #4
incite
Really appreciate your quick responce guys! You are great!

The thing is that they do not work ig, unfortunatelly...

e.g.

As you can see in the photo, some add ons like DarkUI, Lazy writ creator and combat metrics, need the LibAddonMenu2. I have already installed LibAddonMenu2, as you have seen in the ss (it says out of date).

Same with other add ons.

Do you believe if i fix the .txt with the numbers you proposed is going to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	307
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	1107  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.png
Views:	304
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	1108  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.png
Views:	309
Size:	998.5 KB
ID:	1109  
04/15/19, 03:09 PM   #5
Rhyono
Checking the box does work, but yes, editing the files will definitely remove the out of date issue. It obviously won't fix it if they truly no longer work in the current game build, but that wouldn't be the case with LibAddonMenu.
04/15/19, 03:51 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You did not enable teh checkbox at the top right corner on your screenshots?
Do it!

"Enable addons of other client versions" -> Was known as "Enable out of date addons".
If you enable the checkbox the addons will load ingame.

If you just change the files it will be overwritten the next time you update the files offically again. So if someone forgot to change the files themselves you got the same problem again.

One addition:
Logout first! Then at the character selection screen select "AddOns" and enable the checkbox THERE.
Someone reported it won't work if you just do it ingame, but will if done at char selection screen.

A hint:
Install the addon "Votans Addon List". It will help you automatically enable libraries and dependencies of addons. So if you enable this addon, and then enable the addonw hich needs LibAddonMenu-2.0, it will automatically enable LibAddonMenu-2.0 for you too.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/15/19 at 03:53 PM.
04/15/19, 04:25 PM   #7
incite
I did installed "Votans Addon List" and while i was loged out, on the character selection screen, there is a tick box which says allow out of date add ons. So i checked it and everything is ok!

Thank you one more time!

Cheers!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » A little help would be much appreciated :D