05/10/14, 09:46 AM   #1
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Errors that may involve multiple addons

My wife and I have been getting general (non-addon specific) errors. With at least one of them, tracking down which specific addon/addons may be the culprit is a painful endeavor even for me. So I felt I would bring them up here so developers who may have functions that could cause these can potentially search for answers or post them here.

1) "Failed to create control 'ZO_CompassContainerPin1'. Duplicate Name"
2) Wife receives one that involves duplication of 'TOGGLE_ENABLED'

If other players are experiencing these types of non-specific errors, please post them so developers can see what is going on.

EDIT: I will say that for me, I once received an error associated with Lorebooks after I got #1, but that hasn't always been the case.
05/10/14, 05:53 PM   #2
skyraker
Update to #1: After I manually went addon by addon to all the old addons updating CustomCompassPins this may have gone away. I had the same issue as I updated my addon and forgot to update the included LAM. So, developers, make sure you keep updated on which version the libraries you include in your addons are.

Update to #2: Appears this was because of updated addons that changed folder names. Minion guys already have stated a thought to automatically delete old folders on updates which will solve this in the end.

Last edited by skyraker : 05/10/14 at 05:55 PM.
05/10/14, 07:10 PM   #3
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Thanks for that little info skyraker. I think I can see where no 1 could come from. If you have more than 1 compass pin addon that adds different types of pins on it you could get that problem if both addons use the same creation line.

Lua Code:
  1. local CompassManager = ZO_ControlPool.New(self, "XRGACompassPin", ZO_CompassContainer, "Pin")

Or something similar. I suspect this line generates a control called ZO_CompassContainerPinX where X is the next number in the sequence. The key factor is that each one should have that last value different.

I will make the change in my own addon to use my addonprefix value to make the compass pin unique so that people that have both my addon and another compass pin addon will not get this error. Hopefully this will not stop the addon working so will undergo testing on one of my newer characters in a zone that hasn't been harvested in yet.

And sky, this could also be related to that side effect with your wife picking up some of your gathering etc you reported on my addon page.
05/11/14, 09:17 AM   #4
Rhime
I've been getting various errors from the guild search mod to sm repair(not to mention the "too many anchors")...I keep Minion up to date and try to follow the forums with updates too.
Not sure what's happening, but turning off the mod seems to be my only recourse.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Errors that may involve multiple addons