06/02/14, 08:45 PM   #1
Treadpool
You Said Member

Game or addon bug? Lockpicking doesn't respond until /reloadui

This is an odd one, curious if anyone has seen it. There is no error and I can't place when it started happening - sometime in the past week or so. When I go to lockpick a chest, my mouse can move the lockpick across the tumblers, but clicking doesn't lower them to pick the lock. It doesn't do anything. But if I /reloadui, and re-attempt it works just fine.

I have disabled all of my addons in hopes I'll find a chest soon to test. Just curious if anyone has experienced this.
06/02/14, 08:55 PM   #2
JadeKnightblazer
ESO UI error. What is happening: Even tho you currently have the Chest GUI poped up and are allowed to move the lockpick left and right, the "real" mouse is still in the background. Many times when this happens you will continue to activate/deactive chat box or be clicking on the enviroment behind you. Only way I found a fix to this was to cancel the Chest opening, move my mouse to the center of the screen, then try again on the chest.
06/04/14, 07:16 PM   #3
Treadpool
You Said Member

Originally Posted by JadeKnightblazer View Post
ESO UI error. What is happening: Even tho you currently have the Chest GUI poped up and are allowed to move the lockpick left and right, the "real" mouse is still in the background. Many times when this happens you will continue to activate/deactive chat box or be clicking on the enviroment behind you. Only way I found a fix to this was to cancel the Chest opening, move my mouse to the center of the screen, then try again on the chest.
Got it. Thanks.
06/06/14, 02:30 PM   #4
stjobe

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by JadeKnightblazer View Post
Interesting. I had someone that commented that one of my addons was stopping him from picking locks on chests, but I dismissed it after finding and picking a chest myself with the addon running.

He must have had that UI error happening.
06/07/14, 01:48 PM   #5
mctaylor

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I thought it was an addon bug, but ...

I thought it was a bug from either one or more out-of-date addons. Shortly after the 1.1.3 patch was released I added some new addons. In particular, I added some banking/ inventory related addons, including some that were not all updated for 1.1, and I suspected one of them (I only noticed / experienced the bug after adding these addons).

When I disabled about half of the freshly added addons, my main character stopped experiencing the problem, so I added a couple more addons that I had really liked, and still didn't experience the problem, so I figured it was caused by an API 1.1 change in one of the addons I didn't re-enable, most, if not all, of which were out of date. Being that most of them were already out-of-date I figured isolating the problem wasn't worth it if the addon was clearly not being maintained.

Then last night I was playing with an alternate character, and I experienced the same problem again, even after matching my addon selection with my main character. I did seem to be able to decrease the frequency by reducing the number of addons, both overall and in particular of the out of date ones.

So I would suggest trying disabling any out-of-date addons first, and any addons you can live without, to see if that reduces the frequency of occurrences at least. Then slowly (i.e. one at a time) re-enable addons that you do miss.

It may well be a "native" ESO UI focus bug, but at least in my experience, it does appear you may be able to reduce how frequent it occurs.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Game or addon bug? Lockpicking doesn't respond until /reloadui