04/03/14, 02:54 PM   #21
Lox

I have Firefox (28.0) as my default browser, as far as I know the internet / proxy settings are all standard defaults.
04/03/14, 04:06 PM   #22
RabidJoint
I am using Google Chrome as my default browser (same browser that my brothers have downloaded Minion from) with no plug-ins going or even ad-blockers on

Here are my computer specs:

AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor
8.00 Gigabites of RAM
64-bit Operating System
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 Graphics Card

Last edited by RabidJoint : 04/03/14 at 04:11 PM.
04/03/14, 08:56 PM   #23
RabidJoint
Hey guys, my dad was having the same problem as we are, so he went into control panel, uninstalled the 2010 version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributale and then went to the site given here on the forums and re-downloaded the same year/version and Minion Add-On worked for him. I am going to attempt the same to see if that fixes my problems
04/04/14, 06:39 AM   #24
Lox

Thanks.

Personally, I have already done that more than once and installed the newer version of the redistributable (see my post earlier in the thread for the link) and that didn't work either.

Ill still be using the add-ons, just doing it manually, still happy to give info and provide help if necessary for the Minion devs aswell.
04/04/14, 10:37 AM   #25
RabidJoint
Originally Posted by Lox View Post
Thanks.

Personally, I have already done that more than once and installed the newer version of the redistributable (see my post earlier in the thread for the link) and that didn't work either.

Ill still be using the add-ons, just doing it manually, still happy to give info and provide help if necessary for the Minion devs aswell.

Yeah, still didnt work for me. Funny thing was he only has 3-4 of the microsoft visual c++ on his computer...nothing prior to 2008
04/04/14, 11:16 AM   #26
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You should only need 2010 for Minion. Supposedly it works with 2012 on win8 as well, I havent personally tested it yet but a few users have said thats the only ones they have installed.

We are still trying to figure this out. Very sorry. Thanks for posting the info.
04/04/14, 10:01 PM   #27
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hey Lox,

When you get a chance could you try un-installing all versions of java from your system and Minion. Then re-install Minion with out reinstalling Java?

Learned there is some interaction with the Minion JVM and the local installed version of Java. Not having java installed at all will force Minion to only use the JVM that comes with Minion.

Thanks!
04/05/14, 01:58 AM   #28
Lox

No change I am afraid

What system services are required to run the JVM? Just wondering if I (or something) have stopped a service that is needed to run it!

I could probably do with a complete frag and reinstall of my machine, I haven't done a major 'clean up' since I got it 2-3 years (possilbly more) ago. Could be any number of random things going on that just aren't apparent under my normal use!

Last edited by Lox : 04/05/14 at 06:39 AM.
04/06/14, 01:26 PM   #29
Durdir
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
One more stat I would like to see is what are you using for your default browser? Do you have any noscript plugins enabled or non default security settings? Non default proxy settings?
(Found that Minion will use network settings from the default browser.)

Thanks!
I primarily use Firefox for web browsing, but I do have Internet Explorer set as my primary. I have not touched the settings in IE, so they are the default settings that came with Windows. The only plugin that I have for IE is the google toolbar. I don't use any proxy settings.

Just as a test, I installed Minion on my friends computer with a fresh install of Windows 8.1 after installing the Visual Studio runtime. It worked, so there must be something on my computer that's stopping Minion from running. I just don't know what it could be.
04/07/14, 12:23 PM   #30
Kandosi
I'm having the same problem.

After it finishes installing then I get a pop-up saying "Error loading jvm.dll" which is followed by another pop-up saying "failed to launch JVM".

It does the same thing if I manually launch it again. Tried a couple of the suggestions mentioned in this thread but still no change. Let me know if you would like any more information.
04/07/14, 01:00 PM   #31
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Those of you running firefox do you have the java extension installed? If you do try disabling it.
04/08/14, 08:58 AM   #32
Lox

Only Java Add-ons I had are:

Java (TM) Platform SE7 U51 10.51.2.13
Java Development Toolkit 7.0.510.13 10.51.2.13

They were both set to 'Ask to Activate', I have disabled them both with no change
04/12/14, 04:11 AM   #33
Saracin
Just thought I'd share my recent experience with this issue:

I have been using this since early access without any issue, but the other day my hard drive had a major issue that required reinstalling Windows 7. So here I am with all the updates to Windows and ready to go and find that now I have this error. Then I remember that instead of the AMD drivers from late last year I was using the 14.1 beta drivers. So I downloaded the current beta drivers and the problem is now fixed.

Just thought I'd share and hope that maybe my experience could help others fix their issues. Good luck and happy hunting friends.
04/12/14, 10:50 AM   #34
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Saracin View Post
Just thought I'd share my recent experience with this issue:

I have been using this since early access without any issue, but the other day my hard drive had a major issue that required reinstalling Windows 7. So here I am with all the updates to Windows and ready to go and find that now I have this error. Then I remember that instead of the AMD drivers from late last year I was using the 14.1 beta drivers. So I downloaded the current beta drivers and the problem is now fixed.

Just thought I'd share and hope that maybe my experience could help others fix their issues. Good luck and happy hunting friends.
Thanks for sharing.

Lox is running an intel CPU so that won't help her (I am really stumped). However there are a few others that posted using AMD CPU's and I'd be interested to see if that helps them.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/12/14 at 10:53 AM.
04/12/14, 11:28 AM   #35
KenoshaKid
Unhappy

Same issue here - google chrome is default browser, Intel Core i7 cpu, Win 7 home premium 64bit; have tried every suggested solution posted previously. Runs fine on my Win 7 laptop that has similar updates and software installed.
04/13/14, 01:13 PM   #36
zniefe
Wink

Hi guys

Simply u need copy minion_updater.wsf Minion-jfx.jar minion_updater.sh to

C:\Users\yourfoldername\AppData\Local\Minion\app

After copy u open (rightclick) Minion-jfx.jar open wiht java plattform se binnary and now works fine for me!

try this and wait for a better solution mfg Zniefe
04/13/14, 01:24 PM   #37
dothedre
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372

This post fixed my issue.
04/15/14, 01:16 PM   #38
lichmeister
Hello 1st post on these forums great app you got here! i was just thinking not 10 minutes ago: i wonder if anyone is developing a tool to manage all these addons? you're like Powdered Toast Man!

i am getting the exact same errors. running Win7 Ultimate 64bit, installed into the default locations and had no errors. launching the app gives the same three error messages. i have 7 MSVC++ packages ranging from 2005 8.0.61001 to 2010 10.0.40219. however instead of just uninstalling/reinstalling crap like that (which has led to more than one total reinstall in the last 15 or 20 years!) i wisely chose to read the whole thread...

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Those of you running firefox do you have the java extension installed? If you do try disabling it.
by this do you mean something like NoScript for firefox?

if so, i am not really keen to shut it down! instead is there an address we can add to the exceptions lists?

i will disable the extension temporarily after this post and see if that fixes it.
04/15/14, 01:22 PM   #39
lichmeister
Originally Posted by lichmeister View Post
Hello 1st post on these forums great app you got here! i was just thinking not 10 minutes ago: i wonder if anyone is developing a tool to manage all these addons? you're like Powdered Toast Man!

i am getting the exact same errors. running Win7 Ultimate 64bit, installed into the default locations and had no errors. launching the app gives the same three error messages. i have 7 MSVC++ packages ranging from 2005 8.0.61001 to 2010 10.0.40219. however instead of just uninstalling/reinstalling crap like that (which has led to more than one total reinstall in the last 15 or 20 years!) i wisely chose to read the whole thread...

by this do you mean something like NoScript for firefox?

if so, i am not really keen to shut it down! instead is there an address we can add to the exceptions lists?

i will disable the extension temporarily after this post and see if that fixes it.
[edit]: just disabled noscript and peerblock for good measure with no joy. i will try the reinstall if i must (either noscript or peerblock was stopping the DL earlier anyways
04/15/14, 08:22 PM   #40
leetas
I am a little disappointed that something as common as the VS runtime redist is the problem here. I had a similar issue, I had to downgrade my redist to the 10.0.30319 version (I was on 10.0.40219 and it was erroring). Hopefully the useful functionality can overcome my momentary inconvenience...

The link provided on page two here fixed it for me.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion wont start