05/01/14, 08:46 AM   #1
qua
Thumbs down Minion vs. Firefox Profiles

I have multiple profiles defined in Firefox. Minion only works on my Windows machine if one particular profile is launched. (Minion on OSX doesn't appear to have this problem.) The particular profile in question is rarely the active one. It also happens to be the last one in the list.

Is there some way to change which profile is getting used or tell it stop using the browser for any purpose at all? Which jar is forcing the use of the web browser anyway?
05/01/14, 09:28 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of this problem.

What error do you get when a profile Minion doesn't like is loaded on Firefox? Can you post your minion0.log? On windows its located in your user profile directory? C:\Users\<windows username>\.minion\

I have never used Firefox profiles, guess its time to take a look at it.
05/01/14, 10:05 AM   #3
qua
When it doesn't connect, it basically hangs at Controls Initialized, as expected. (Minimally, there should be a timeout set here and maximally this should be done in a separate thread so that Windows doesn't barf on it...)

A more interesting experiment has been to set direct connection in the java control panel. It would appear that Minion *completely* ignores that, which is sort of unexpected and, IMO, very bad behavior.

Setting the default browser to something not Firefox (such as Chrome), works as well.

(I really wish Windows had jstack so that I could see what the stack trace looks like. There is likely an equivalent, but I don't do my Java development on Windows so not sure what that would be.)

Last edited by qua : 05/01/14 at 10:07 AM.
05/01/14, 10:24 AM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
So there is nothing in your minion0.log ?

Minion runs inside a JVM and uses Apache HttpClient. There may be some socket/browser interaction at the OS lvl though. Thats why I am interested to see your .log.
05/19/14, 04:32 AM   #5
BornDownUnder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Any resolution?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, has this ever been resolved?

I was actually thinking of setting up a secondary profile for pretty much everything on my OS so my partner could use my pc setup at will without the thought that she is going to break it, without having to use another account profile.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion vs. Firefox Profiles