06/02/14, 01:14 PM   #1
EQBallzz
Manual addon update not working

Today I tried to update some addons with the "update" button and the progress bar that normally goes quickly and updates within a matter of seconds is going slowly and never completing. Eventually the bar just stops at full but never completes and still says "Updating". I have tested my Internet connection and not having a problem there. I have tried a couple different addon updates and they both are doing the same thing. I tried restarting Windows but that did nothing.

I'm using Win7 64 Pro if that matters.
06/02/14, 01:19 PM   #2
EQBallzz
Interestingly..I tried turning on auto update and as soon as I did that the two addons that were stuck updating completed but of course the one I was not wanting to update also updated. So I guess auto update is working but there is some issue with having that unchecked and trying to manually update?
06/02/14, 01:34 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Can you check your windows task manager under processes and see if you have more than one Minion.exe running?

Also if it happens again please post your minion0.log as it will tell me what happened. It could have been a network error that was cleared up with our file CDN. The log is only good for that session the error is happening in though.

Thanks

Last edited by Dolby : 06/02/14 at 02:38 PM.
06/02/14, 01:52 PM   #4
EQBallzz
I did restart Windows between attempts so that should have taken care of multiple minion processes. I just checked and there was another addon to update so I tested it and it seemed to update correctly this time so maybe it's resolved. I'll try to capture a log if I see it again. Thanks for the response.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Manual addon update not working