05/05/15, 08:11 PM   #1
Gidorick
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Toggle Player Character using LUA?

I've been going over the LUA functions here... and I am LESS than inexperienced in this so I just may not know what I'm looking for.

I want to know if we have access to the function that toggles the player character model. When in first person, the model toggles off (for the player) and when in third person the model toggles on (for the player). I am not looking to change it for others, just the player.

Anyone ever come across a function that will do this?
05/06/15, 11:09 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
So you want to change the player model somehow? This is not possible by the help of addons.

If you want to change the camera settings which shows you the player in 3rd person or 1st person (camera will zoom out/in like you cna do it by help of your mousewheel) there might be some addons you could "sniff the code" to see what can be done and how:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...FOVadd-in.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...untCamera.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...rseRiding.html
05/07/15, 07:00 PM   #3
Gidorick
I want to enable the character model while in first person. Right now, when you go to first person the character model goes away. I assume it's just a toggle but I don't know if we have the access to that toggle.

First person mode with character model or third person with invisible character.
05/08/15, 05:04 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
1st person means you are looking out of the eyes and you can't see the character model :-)
This is because the camera will zoom in that far that you cannot see your cahracter model, it is a camera setting not the model that disappears as I understood it.
So you won't be able to see the charackter if you zoom in to first person.

Nevertheless this makes no sense for me at all? How would you be able to see the charackter in 1st person view at all? The only thing you'll see is the hands (which are shown) and the fett maybe if you would be able to look down at 180°. I didn't test this so far

Or maybe I just don't understand what you are thinking off?

EDIT:

I just saw your first person werwolf addon and now I think I understood what you meant and why you want the model in 1st person view.
But this won't be a 1st person but 3rd person again. The camera would show you the view from teh head (the eyes) but you can see yourself from behind including the werewolf.
I think this won't be possible as the camera is rotating/moving on fixed axis and you just zoom ina nd out to gain 1st or 3rd person, or 3rd person far behind views + changing the FOV to see more from the left and right parts of the screen.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/08/15 at 06:16 AM.
05/08/15, 10:24 AM   #5
Gidorick
I gather that the model is actually deactivated when in first person because the shadow goes away. The reason the shadow isn't there is there isn't a model to cast the shadow. I don't think it's just the case that we can't see ourselves, I don't think our character model exists from our perspective in first person.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Toggle Player Character using LUA?