05/02/15, 10:46 AM   #1
JohnnyKing94

Info on what's legit or what is not

Is it legit to create an executable file to install on Windows that connects my site to this program and save a printed and updated file of data in the Saved Variables folder of ESO? Basically we need something that constantly update some variables and we think this could be a solution, but first we need to know
05/02/15, 11:24 AM   #2
timidobserver
Originally Posted by JohnnyKing94 View Post
Is it legit to create an executable file to install on Windows that connects my site to this program and save a printed and updated file of data in the Saved Variables folder of ESO? Basically we need something that constantly update some variables and we think this could be a solution, but first we need to know
It is kind of hard to give a definitive answer without know specifics, but generally, yes it is legal to interact with the saved variables files via externally. There are a few legal/legit windows application addons for ESO out there that do this. GSA is probably the most well known. W33zl's Merchant and ESO Safe are two others, but I am pretty sure those two are both abandoned.
05/02/15, 11:36 AM   #3
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Without any problem. User still need to reloadUI so it's not like you wre botting. It's a more evolued copy/paste.

For my curiosity, what will you inject on?
05/02/15, 12:14 PM   #4
JohnnyKing94

I'm going to inject a list of updated users, events and guilds of my italian community

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Info on what's legit or what is not