06/07/15, 10:53 AM   #1
Augmenti-DeMontia
Guild Store Search Extended

Great mod, but I'm having a problem every time I log out or crash. If I immediately restart the game, all my GSSE search items show "out of date" even if I just search them 5 min ago.

Is there anyway to stop GSSE from marking searches/items "out of date" based on a time, i.e. a search goes out of date after 24 hours?

Thanks
06/07/15, 11:01 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you crash and there was not a proper logout or reloadui AFTER you have searched the search information won't be saved to the SavedVariables filename on your harddisk.
This maybe why there is loaded an older verison from before again which says its out of date.

You could manually do a /realoadui into the chat after you have done your searches. This should write all infromation to the SavedVariables file then and if you crash later on the info should be the new one at the time of the reloadui.

I hope this helps for the moment.
06/07/15, 01:54 PM   #3
dopiate
Originally Posted by Augmenti-DeMontia View Post
Great mod, but I'm having a problem every time I log out or crash. If I immediately restart the game, all my GSSE search items show "out of date" even if I just search them 5 min ago.

Is there anyway to stop GSSE from marking searches/items "out of date" based on a time, i.e. a search goes out of date after 24 hours?

My answer builds on Baertram's response, which he is 100% correct about but I'll explain why you don't want to extend the data links timeout.

Hi it's counterproductive to do that.

The results are current after a certain amount of time it expires the links. The reason being that you can no longer be sure that item is still there, especially 24 hours later.

What prompted this question?

I'm going to guess that you aren't aware of 2 things you can do to speed up any search (1 item or all items).

First you can make 4 sec delay, a 3 second delay

at line line 539 and 769 add -- to the beginning of the line to remove the extra 1 sec delay.

Lua Code:
  1. --        delay = delay + 1000

Second are you away that GSSEx works with Awesome Guild Store Filters? So if I want a quick search for just blue motif books. Then I do 1 search using the filters in AGS, let it finish and then hit retrieve in GSSEx and it will only search whatever the AGS filters are.

This should make doing a current search much easier -- try not to do the ENTIRE guild each time. If you are looking for provisions then just set AGS filters, do 1 search and then go to GSSEx and hit retrieve.

Hopefully that helps.

I'm sure I could find code so the results don't expire for 24 hours but the way the stores index and change it would all be worthless data you saved.

-d

Last edited by dopiate : 06/07/15 at 01:57 PM.
06/08/15, 01:42 PM   #4
Augmenti-DeMontia
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I have crashed and had it happen, also as I mentioned it happens for logging out and then logging back in. I've changed the refresh timer, as a matter of fact you two helped me do it with replies in a previous thread, thanks again! :salute:

The problem is GSSE 'out of dates' just by logging out. I realize items might not be there, but it holds true even once you spend 10 or 15 minutes searching, through 5 large Trade guilds. The point being, at least for me is I don't want to constantly have to do full searches. Those Filters sound like a great idea and I will look into them, thanks.

What about removing the Time Out function all together, could I do it without any serious side effects?
It's just I don't see any any major harm or effects by eliminating the Time Out, but I do see huge benefit. This way I can do a full search once a day or every other day, having the majority of items searchable at my leisure. The biggest benefit is not having my 10 to 15 min, completely nullified because of exiting the game for any reason. Also just looking for craft resources, if one is missing can move on to the next cheapest in the list.

Going to check Awesome Guild Store Filters now.
Thanks
06/08/15, 05:44 PM   #5
dopiate
Originally Posted by Augmenti-DeMontia View Post
What about removing the Time Out function all together, could I do it without any serious side effects?

yes I'm sure you could remove the time out function and not have any problems

I'd be interested to know why you keep crashing

lets see if the AGS filters help -- using them should create a much smaller list for GSSEx to keep in memory

-d
06/09/15, 05:39 PM   #6
Augmenti-DeMontia
Originally Posted by dopiate View Post
yes I'm sure you could remove the time out function and not have any problems

I'd be interested to know why you keep crashing

lets see if the AGS filters help -- using them should create a much smaller list for GSSEx to keep in memory

-d
Thanks for the reply and I'm not really crashing all that much, was just using it as an example. Should the list work normally without 'Time Out" logging out of the game then logging back in an hour later? I've got AGS filters installed, it looks good and has nice categories. I'm not sure it will help with a 'worded' 5 guild search.

Does anyone know which lines of code I could remove the 'Time Out' code?

Thanks
06/10/15, 06:23 AM   #7
Augmenti-DeMontia
Anyone else notice AGS Filters causes an odd error with GSSE? At least for me, selecting the previous page in the Guild Store item list to return a "no items found" type of error. I.e. if your item cost 1000g in a large guild there are several pages, pressing previous has 'repeatedly' causes "no items", at least 60% of the time.

Guess it could be a conflict with another mod but the only other mod effecting Guild Store UI is Master Merchant. I ended up disabling AGS, so I can use the previous button again.

Thanks
07/02/15, 12:21 PM   #8
Augmenti-DeMontia
More testing shows the "Out of Date" status is often not even correct. I can still manually go to a item in a guild store, which shows it's still there. Especially if you log out, then log on another toon.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Guild Store Search Extended