08/19/15, 07:10 AM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What could provoke those problems please ?

Any idea what it means please ?

Code:
2015-08-18T18:08:52.218-05:00 |cff0000Lua Error: assertion failed
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:174: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:287: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/MailInbox.lua:33: in function 'callback'
	EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:104: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:248: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:155: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:ShowScene'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:430: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:278: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:249: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'|r

And while i am asking, do you have any idea of what could cause this : this happens mainly when i use the mail, or the bank, or want to check the achievements. The screen goes like this and the game freeze and the connection with the game is slowed until it stops completely for the majority of the time, but it happens also that suddenly the game recover and the screen is back to normal.
This affect only the game, my computer does not freeze and i can go on the internet without any probleme.
08/19/15, 08:34 AM   #2
Ayantir

For the screenshot, it often means that eso is writing in saved vars. maybe in infinite loop somewhere, or a deeparray.

for the assert error, you're trying to add a keybind and they're is already another keybind here (here it's the game itself which cannot add its keybind).
08/19/15, 03:29 PM   #3
circonian
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
for the assert error, you're trying to add a keybind and they're is already another keybind here (here it's the game itself which cannot add its keybind).
As Ayantir said...what you want to look for is an addon that adds a button to the keybind Strip. That is the strip of buttons on the bottom of the screen that appears in certain situations like when your inventory is open and you mouse over an item you may see "Equip" or "Use". Your looking for an addon that adds or possibly modifies those buttons.
08/19/15, 06:13 PM   #4
Anceane

Originally Posted by circonian View Post
As Ayantir said...what you want to look for is an addon that adds a button to the keybind Strip. That is the strip of buttons on the bottom of the screen that appears in certain situations like when your inventory is open and you mouse over an item you may see "Equip" or "Use". Your looking for an addon that adds or possibly modifies those buttons.
Oh ok thank you, i understand, i will check my addons then
08/20/15, 08:52 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As it's happening at the mail inbox
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/MailInbox.lua
you should look for some addons containing the "mail" in their name, like

MailR
Mail Buddy
Wykkyd Mailbox

Disable the addons one by one, and check at which combination the error does not happen anymore.
Sometimes it is only happening if you are using different addons together.

It could even be that any other addon that tries to add a keybind, but got nothing to do with the mail inbox, is causing this.
08/20/15, 10:16 AM   #6
Lodur
From zo_keybindstrip.lua:
Code:
function ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton(keybindButtonDescriptor)
    -- Asserting here usually means that a key is already bound (typically because someone forgot to remove a keybinding).
    assert(self.keybinds[keybindButtonDescriptor.keybind] == nil)
So look for an addon that adds a keybind that the Mail InBox already uses maybe.

Or an Addon that adds a key bind to the Inbox and does not remove it so this asserts the second time you open the Inbox?

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » What could provoke those problems please ?