04/13/14, 06:03 AM   #1
kepian
Newly installed addons not shown

I have latest minion version.

Many times when I install new addon I can't see it ingame. I tried restarting game, reloading UI etc. This wasn't happening from start but now it is almost every time (maybe every time). Not confirmed idea is that it was working when I*had only couple of addons but now I'm using more than couple of them

What seams strange to me is that from my understanding minion simply unzip addon into correct directory and update it's own xml file - so I*don't understand how it is possible that TESO don't see it. Maybe there is some cache which isn't refreshed automatically?

What fix problem every time for me is to uninstall some addon - don't matter which one. I*often simply install some random addon and uninstall it immediately.
04/16/14, 01:16 PM   #2
Vicster0

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kepian View Post
I have latest minion version.

Many times when I install new addon I can't see it ingame. I tried restarting game, reloading UI etc. This wasn't happening from start but now it is almost every time (maybe every time). Not confirmed idea is that it was working when I*had only couple of addons but now I'm using more than couple of them

What seams strange to me is that from my understanding minion simply unzip addon into correct directory and update it's own xml file - so I*don't understand how it is possible that TESO don't see it. Maybe there is some cache which isn't refreshed automatically?

What fix problem every time for me is to uninstall some addon - don't matter which one. I*often simply install some random addon and uninstall it immediately.
Check to make sure that your addon updates are not being unpacked into the \addon\ folder instead of into the correct, individual, addon folders. I was informed that this happened with one of my addons when I had incorrectly packaged it to only contain the files instead of the files in a folder. The result, after an update, is that the addon isn't updated because the files are in the wrong place and thus not loaded.
04/19/14, 07:52 PM   #3
Brainling
Bringing this back to the top, I can confirm this happens. It's an issue with minion not relinquishing control of the addon directory after unpack. If you kill the minion.exe process and then reload the UI in ESO, it loads fine. If I had to take a really random stab, there is a race condition somewhere in the minion code that is downloading and unzipping the archives. In certain sets of conditions, the unpacking stream is likely not closed correctly and the directory is left locked by minion until the process is killed.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Newly installed addons not shown