08/03/15, 11:45 AM   #1
Sidney
Lightbulb Request: Automated Guild Manager

Request: Automated Guild Manager

I have a request for an add-on that is likely a lot of work and may not even have the API available to do so but would like to see if someone would be interested in creating something like this. We try to be very organized in how we run our guild. We add guild notes when they join, change ranks depending on time in guild, time spent socializing and helping others, if they try to run events etc., and demote if they MIA for too long, add notes for when they went MIA as well as what rank they were. We even label how they were recruited (ESO Forums, Member invite). It helps us stay organized and find our recruiting weaknesses and strengths.

What we are looking for is something to help us manage this and allow us to spend more time doing things with our guild instead of spending so much time working with ranks, times, and dates.

Specifically, what I am looking for is this:
  • Auto promotes new members to a rank we specify.
  • Auto adds a guild note specifying: [Rank - Join Date]
    • If we are offline when they accepted the join, some type of command we can type or menu we can use to do it after the fact. We can see in guild by hours when they joined so I'm hoping this is possible.
  • Auto appends to guild note on promotion/demotion [NewRank - Date]
  • A pop-up/warning/notification screen to show us when specific ranks have been offline for more than x days.
    • Need to specify multiple ranks and multiple days. Ex. Initiate offline for 14 days, Apprentice offline for 30 days.

I think this is probably a huge request and I wish I could do it myself. I'm truly tempted to try to learn LUA so I can do this but I know I'd fall flat on my face if I tried. If someone is interested in this and needs more details/clarification on anything you can ask here or send me a PM.

Even if nobody can/is willing to do it, thank you to everyone who reads the entire request. :3
08/03/15, 11:53 AM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
id like to see this too

btw for Autokick by rank and days you have Akick addon

also for see info about donations and Member For info - Advanced Tooltips addon
08/03/15, 05:30 PM   #3
Sidney
We need something automated and don't want to kick anyone but thank you for the tips :3
08/04/15, 04:13 PM   #4
Sidney
Does anyone know if the API makes this possible?
08/04/15, 05:10 PM   #5
circonian
Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
Does anyone know if the API makes this possible?
I don't have time to do it, but I think pretty much everything you asked for is possible.
The one down side to adding a lot of guild notes with an addon, there would probably have to be some tags or codes added with each note so the addon could know what has already been entered so it would end up looking messy like: ##138## User Joined 8-04-2015, unless the addon was used by only 1 member then the addon could track which notes have already been posted itself.

We add guild notes when they join -- Done Automatically Yes (if its always the same information like date, starting rank, exc.. or there could be a pop-up asking you to enter the info when they join or when you log in next.
change ranks depending on time in guild -- Automatically
time spent socializing and helping others -- No, would need done manually
if they try to run events etc. -- No, would need done manually
demote if they MIA for too long -- Done Automatically
notes for when they went MIA as well as what rank they were -- Done Automatically Yes
We even label how they were recruited (ESO Forums, Member invite) -- Done Automatically No, but there could be a pop-up asking you to enter how they were recruited when you login or if your already ON & the rest would be done automatically.

Specifically, what I am looking for is this:
Auto promotes new members to a rank we specify. -- Automatically Yes
Auto adds a guild note specifying: [Rank - Join Date] -- Automatically Yes
If we are offline when they accepted the join, some type of command we can type or menu we can use to do it after the fact. We can see in guild by hours when they joined so I'm hoping this is possible. -- Yes

Auto appends to guild note on promotion/demotion [NewRank - Date] -- Automatically Yes
A pop-up/warning/notification screen to show us when specific ranks have been offline for more than x days. -- Yes
Need to specify multiple ranks and multiple days. Ex. Initiate offline for 14 days, Apprentice offline for 30 days. -- Yes
08/04/15, 06:14 PM   #6
Sidney
Awesome! I'm really happy to know this is possible. Now I just have to find someone to do it or learn LUA now. Thanks so much for the info!!
08/05/15, 03:04 AM   #7
@AlphaLemming

In an automated guild I would not feel comfortable. Some things should be done by the one, who wants to lead a guild. Yes, thats sometime a lot of work, but you can assign officers and delegate. A real good guild climate is created with a personal touch.
Maybe, there will be a addon for automated playing in automated guilds or just enjoy to play with your friends and not with bits and bytes .. or i'am only oldschool

(This should not be a flame, only food for thoughts)
08/05/15, 06:22 AM   #8
Sidney
We do a TON of work manually and I promise there's a lot of personal touch. :3 Lots. We don't use the first 3 ranks as personal touches or notes. To get past those ranks will require manual control. It's mainly been an influx of new or returning players that need the most rank/note maintenance, which is okay, we're happy to give them a home they can enjoy and learn at their own pace while providing a friendly atmosphere and events they can still partake in.

The website was completely empty when I joined and now it's prettied up, filled with tons of guides (written by me and another member), many different sections with lots of information on various topics for newbies as well as experienced players, links to ESO Fan sites with great information and as much of our own as we can add. This is a never ending process as we always strive to add more information and guides while expanding our event + community sections.

We also have a big pve and event section which is where we'd like to focus more of our attention. We do a lot of work for the guild whether it's on the website or crafting sets non stop for people to the point we hardly get to play ourselves. The reason our guild is growing so fast, as all our applicants tell us, is that they can see how much we care and all the love that goes into the guild.

We already do it all manually and having an add-on handle just the notes and the most basic promotion/demotion aspects will have zero affect on a personal touch. We had extras officers in the past but demoted them as they didn't actually do anything and we have a good number of officers at the moment. We'd essentially be promoting officers purely for doing notes if we did promote to help.

I'm not asking for a guild to automate playing, just something to help manage notes and ranks as we give every single person who joins a note, every person who gets demoted or promoted, or MIA's etc. If someone gets promoted up just 1 rank, we note the new rank + date. If they MIA for too many days, we put them in a sleeper state again with date, or if they were new (initiate) we tag them saying they need to restart initiate status so we know not to blindly promote based on time in guild.

We put each thing in their notes so we can always see who should be promoted.

As for why you wouldn't feel comfortable in an automated note/rank, I can't really understand that. If someone gets promoted to a certain rank for being there for x amount of days, why would that bother you? Weird. Anything past a certain rank needs to be done manually anyways which is where we'd like to focus - events, social activities, helping others get things done, or if they earned fast tracking to promotion etc.

Sorry if any of this doesn't flow, I moved pieces around and re-worded them a lot.
08/11/15, 02:50 PM   #9
Talen-Shei
Originally Posted by @AlphaLemming View Post
In an automated guild I would not feel comfortable. Some things should be done by the one, who wants to lead a guild. Yes, thats sometime a lot of work, but you can assign officers and delegate. A real good guild climate is created with a personal touch.
Maybe, there will be a addon for automated playing in automated guilds or just enjoy to play with your friends and not with bits and bytes .. or i'am only oldschool

(This should not be a flame, only food for thoughts)
Lemming, the problem with that, as a former GuildMaster on multiple MMO's is the GM gets the very life sucked out of them. There is a huge demand on the GM and officers, and they do not get to really enjoy playing the game, instead they spend an exorbitant amount of time going over everything the officers have done and trying to figure out whether a mistake has been made, as well as trying to resolve social issues. If we can take one item off that feast platter, that's more time the GM gets to really know his members.

If nobody has done this yet, I'll start a git repo for it and lay some groundwork. Also Circonian, I believe that if the guild notes can be returned from the API one could parse the text. Use a similar format to the OP and go with [key:data].

Speaking of I have started the git repo. Let me know if you want to contribute. I've just done some boilerplating and am working on finding the appropriate functions in the API.
08/18/15, 08:12 AM   #10
Woeler

Great idea, I run a big socialguild in which everyone can invite. I run into the problem that when I kick someone they can be invited by someonelse again. Would be nice to have an addon that registers who was kicked and then checks the guild and kicks them again if they are back. If possible of course.
08/18/15, 02:37 PM   #11
Lodur
First thing to test is the maximum size of a guild note. Not sure, but I thought it was not that big??

The default UI note entry limits notes to about 255 characters. Does the API have the same limit?

You may have to budget out what you can fit in the note...
08/19/15, 06:06 PM   #12
Sidney
It seems like quite a bit, we can find LOTS of promotions and additional info like vampire bites in it, I imagine API should be the same.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Automated Guild Manager