Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06/09/14, 12:15 PM   #1
HalloweenWeed

Unhappy Minion can't connect to Internet

I'm getting the following error message with Minion 2.0.9a-beta:
"Minion is unable to connect to the Internet. Please check your firewall, security, and proxy settings."
I had a similar problem with the installation, that I fixed by adding an exception to my Norton 360. I also added firewall exception to Minion.exe in my users\[username]\AppData\Local\Minion folder, and a "SONAR" exception to the entire directory, and the users\[username]\.minion folder. I set Minion.exe (same folder) to "run as administrator" across all users (there is only 1 user). Still, Minion can't connect to Internet error. I did this all after uninstalling v2.0.8. I also tried disabling Norton's "smart firewall," and antivirus autoprotect, still can't connect. Obviously I am connected as I posted this. The only setting I changed on install was I put the startmenu item in the Minion folder instead of Zamxxxx.

Also, when I installed 2.0.9a-beta it wanted to update C++ redistributable, but after the files downloaded an error came up that I already have a newer version installed, and that portion of the install was aborted. Minion installer should detect this ahead of time.

I didn't have these problems W/v2.0.8. For now, I am reverting to v2.0.8. Windows 7-64 sp1 v6.1.7601 build 7601. 32 bit DX 11 ver 6.01.7601.17514. 64 bit DX 11 ver 6.01.7601.17514. Norton 360 Premier edition.

Satellite Internet (Wildblue) 400KB/sec (KBytes) measured download speed, 3Mbps (Mbits) officially, upload speed is 1/4 download speed. Ping times are around 1000ms to anywhere, 800-900 if lucky. It takes time for the radio signals to get to/from the Satellite (at the speed of light). Could be latency issues, lots of latency in Satellite Internet.

C:\Users\[username]\.minion\minion.xml
Warning: Spoiler

C:\Users\[username]\.minion\minion0.log
Warning: Spoiler

Edited 6/10 to correct: "DirectX" changed to "C++ redistributable."

Last edited by HalloweenWeed : 06/10/14 at 07:16 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion can't connect to Internet