12/15/21, 10:01 AM   #1
tacypoc
Guild Join / Leave announce

Is there an addon that announces (in chat) that someone has joined (or left) a guild? I see a few older ones where there are a million other parts that have zero interest to me so I'm hoping you wonderful people know of one that only does the announcements/messages

thanks in advance!
12/15/21, 04:24 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon search, search term "guild". Did you try this?

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ildLogins.html
12/16/21, 09:00 PM   #3
tacypoc
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Addon search, search term "guild". Did you try this?

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ildLogins.html
Yea, I saw that one...I don't care about log in/out...I'm wanting something that tells me when someone joins/leaves the guild :/
12/16/21, 09:35 PM   #4
Sharlikran

I do not known of a mod that does exactly what you are asking for. Also, if there was one, depending on how it was written, it would only notify you when this happens while you are online. Anyone joining or leaving while you were offline would not generate a notification.
12/16/21, 09:40 PM   #5
tacypoc
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
I do not known of a mod that does exactly what you are asking for. Also, if there was one, depending on how it was written, it would only notify you when this happens while you are online. Anyone joining or leaving while you were offline would not generate a notification.
That would be fine, I just hate when something happens (when I'm on) and I don't notice til way after the fact. but glad to know it most likely doesn't exist and not a case of me being blind lol
12/17/21, 07:37 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
My addon above was an example and meant to trigger YOU to do a proper search (or at least provide feedback if you already did that) I know it was not 100% you had asked for and now I know you already did a search (would be nice to know up in front as many just come here and let others do their leg work)

Here is another one ("says in it's description it got info about player joiend or left a guild. If the addon is still workin fine it maybe something for you"):
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...uildTools.html
12/17/21, 07:52 AM   #7
tacypoc
My addon above was an example and meant to trigger YOU to do a proper search (or at least provide feedback if you already did that) I know it was not 100% you had asked for and now I know you already did a search (would be nice to know up in front as many just come here and let others do their leg work)

Here is another one ("says in it's description it got info about player joiend or left a guild. If the addon is still workin fine it maybe something for you"):
LOL I wouldn't ask in the forums until I did some searching on my own - I should have said that originally =)

I'll take a look at Shissus thing ... I remember looking at the comments and it looking like it wasn't working any more. I appreciate the suggestions!

****EDIT
So after re-reading the Shissus addon, I decided to load it up and see if I could live with all the extras that was included ... after reading the comments, I realized I could turn off most of it leaving just what I was looking for!

Thank you so much for the suggestion @Baertram!

Last edited by tacypoc : 12/17/21 at 12:33 PM. Reason: more info
12/17/21, 07:57 AM   #8
HHamp78

Thank you for sharing
12/17/21, 02:05 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You are very welome, glad we found something working.

Just be warned that Shissus guilds tools sometimes trouble other addons (at least they did in the past), even if settings at Shissus say it's deactivated.
I cannot say what in detail was causing which problem, and maybe all is fixed and works fine meanwhile, so forgive me then @Shissu
Just wanted to say: If you get error messages or problems, even unrelated to Guilds, try to turn this addon off and test if it resolves your issues.
12/17/21, 05:04 PM   #10
tacypoc
You are very welome, glad we found something working.

Just be warned that Shissus guilds tools sometimes trouble other addons (at least they did in the past), even if settings at Shissus say it's deactivated.
I cannot say what in detail was causing which problem, and maybe all is fixed and works fine meanwhile, so forgive me then @Shissu
Just wanted to say: If you get error messages or problems, even unrelated to Guilds, try to turn this addon off and test if it resolves your issues.
Yea I saw that in the comments. Since I'm just keeping 1 part active I'll be optimistic (especially since it seems I'm naturally deactivation things that were giving some commenters problems lol.)

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Guild Join / Leave announce