06/14/18, 08:50 PM   #1
Phuein

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Really Bad Game Freeze!

I just ran /script d(LibStub) and the game froze (also with LibStub:IterateLibraries()). Bad time. Couldn't view/switch to Task Mngr to kill it. Alt+F4 didn't work. Nothing worked, game stuck on screen, and couldn't close or move it to End Task. Only Win taskbar showed over it.

Finally, had use Winkey and "taskkill /f /im eso64.exe" to kill it. Flawless Fatality!

Probably a recursive / infinite loop. Not friendly for addon developers. Or is it just me?

Last edited by Phuein : 06/14/18 at 09:00 PM.
06/14/18, 10:29 PM   #2
Dolgubon

LibStub is a table containing the table of every single library used by your addons. Frankly, I'd be surprised if outputting it provided anything of much interest. You should try doing /zgoo LibStub if you really need to see what's in it.
06/15/18, 10:23 PM   #3
Phuein

Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
LibStub is a table containing the table of every single library used by your addons. Frankly, I'd be surprised if outputting it provided anything of much interest. You should try doing /zgoo LibStub if you really need to see what's in it.

I've changed my approach already, avoiding this issue. I just figure this is a bug that affects addon dev's and shouldn't exist. I wonder if it'll be fixed with the paste limit crash bug with next major version update.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Really Bad Game Freeze!