11/30/14, 03:08 AM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FilterIt

I wrote a feature into JunkIt to allow inventory filtering like Advanced Filters. About two weeks ago I removed it because I wanted to release it as a separate addon. In the process I also wanted to rewrite my filter library to share with others, but before I finish it I was hoping for some input.

This is unrelated to the current AF, ItemSaver and libFilter discussion...I'm not looking for anyone to jump ship to my library, I'm only doing it for the experience & because its fun...but anyone who uses libFilters might have a better insight into what are necessary features or things that might be useful so I thought I would ask for some input.

Right now my library allows developers to:
Register a callback function to allow for filtering of items

Filters can be registered for:
Backpack, bank, guild bank, trading house, trade, store, crafting inventory (which is enchanting creation/extraction window & deconstruction windows), & the research dialog window.

Yes I'm aware it works just like libFilters, but the code is completely different...There is only so much you can do with filtering. That is why I'm here. I'm looking for suggestions on anything that might be useful that I can add to make it more unique.

Are there any other windows that need filtered?

At the moment hiding an item from the deconstruction window also hides it from the improvement window. I thought this was a good idea, but maybe not? It could easily be changed.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » FilterIt