12/22/14, 07:44 PM   #1
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Anyone know .NET and LUA ?

If the next game patch is lackluster - and has minimal new content I think I'm going to drop my subscription.

It's a real shame since I really like this game.

Anyway my addon GSA would need someone to take over. The .NET will probably NEVER need updating. It's not dependent on the API number or ESO api changes but the LUA data miner will need attention.

This is how it works - you login - GSA in game (a modified, slimmed down version of Shopkeeper with some specific changes). Checks all your sales and when you either switch toons or reloadui ESO it saves the new variables (the program is set to AccountWide and can not be changed) -- the format of the saved variables also can not change or it will go haywire.

GSA the offline component opens the savedvariables - pulls out all your sales (parsing those saved variables files was a real PITA!) and compares them to the existing database and if the sale is new it will report it in the GUI and add it to your permanent database.

I use Visual Studio Express for Windows Desktop. It's 100% free.

The only warning about the .Net code is that I am an extremely disorganized coder. No comments, poorly named variables and some objects are just Button3 ... it's everything they tell you not to do in school. The code is rock solid - but it's poorly organized. Just letting you know ahead of time.

Well anyway if there is anyone who might be interested in picking up GSA let me know. Feb is the make or break month for this game for me.

Honestly - I don't see every needing to change GSA.exe as long as the LUA part is kept up to date but if I give it over to someone you have permission to do whatever you wanted to either part.

I was trying graphs, allowing re-sizing of the window but keeping everything it it's relative positions - the sticking point on that is the ListView component doesn't cooperate (so far) -- it's only drags out one column and then scrunches up the rest - looks horrible. I was also thinking of giving the options of getting a standard simple math PPU or using the Khaibit Shopkeeper formulat that implement parts of the "Time Value of Money" equation - giving new sales more weight that the older ones therefor giving you a more realistic PPU by taking into account which way the sales are trending.

Anyway - some of that might be in there.

So just asking if anyone is willing to take over if needed - I would hate be another author who abandons his work and just leaves the users hanging -- and with this one it's not as easy as just making some lua changes. It's really a one of a kind setup.

-d
12/23/14, 02:37 AM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by dopiate View Post
If the next game patch is lackluster - and has minimal new content
all info from developer's streams and other official sources - it will be bigger patch ever
in other games it must called DLC
12/23/14, 04:18 AM   #3
dopiate
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
all info from developer's streams and other official sources - it will be bigger patch ever
in other games it must called DLC
I would be thrilled if that was true.

I hope you are right.

-d
12/23/14, 01:52 PM   #4
rkuhnjr

If not i can take over your app if you like.
I am a slow player so i will be around for some time regardless of the patch.
12/23/14, 02:41 PM   #5
dopiate
Originally Posted by rkuhnjr View Post
If not i can take over your app if you like.
I am a slow player so i will be around for some time regardless of the patch.
Hey my friend!

you are the perfect person to take over.

Thank you for offering!

I will know for sure after the big patch and in the meantime I will try to add comments and clean out dead procedures.

I hope your project is running well!

-d

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Anyone know .NET and LUA ?