04/10/14, 07:32 PM   #1
Keltian
Premium Member

Premium Member
[Mac] Unidentified developer and WoW

When I first installed Minion, an alert popped up telling me the app was unsigned and developer unidentified preventing me from opening it. I have my mac set to prevent me from opening programs from unidentified developers. I was able to put an exception for minion to run but it would probably be a good idea to add whatever it is to have Minion's developer identifiable for Mac OS X for security. Not saying that Minion is insecure without it but it could be beneficial.
On a side note, when will you guys be able to add support for WoW again?
04/10/14, 07:37 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Keltian View Post
On a side note, when will you guys be able to add support for WoW again?
I can answer this part. We have a lot of the WoW side of it ready to go, but we won't be going back to working on that portion of it until after we've stamped out all of the bugs, or at the very least the majority of really serious ones, from the beta testing here.

There are a couple issues they are going to need to figure out how to deal with on the WoW side that are going to be a bit tricky, given its mature state. There are a lot of "Addon", "Addon Revised", "Addon Fix A", "Addon V2", etc situations to try to work around for WoW, that don't really exist yet in ESO. So yeah, unfortunately it's going to be a little bit yet.
04/10/14, 08:25 PM   #3
Keltian
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
I can answer this part. We have a lot of the WoW side of it ready to go, but we won't be going back to working on that portion of it until after we've stamped out all of the bugs, or at the very least the majority of really serious ones, from the beta testing here.

There are a couple issues they are going to need to figure out how to deal with on the WoW side that are going to be a bit tricky, given its mature state. There are a lot of "Addon", "Addon Revised", "Addon Fix A", "Addon V2", etc situations to try to work around for WoW, that don't really exist yet in ESO. So yeah, unfortunately it's going to be a little bit yet.
I guess that's the best I could hope for. Right now, you guys seem to be the only ones with an addon updater that has Mac support for ESO. Curse dropped support for their Mac alpha (yes alpha) addon updater last July and although it still updates WoW addons, it has not been updated to support ESO like the Windows version. I'd like to dump the Curse client and use you guys exclusively for WoW and ESO.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » [Mac] Unidentified developer and WoW