Request feature: Scrying addon

need this addon to find path fast, to connect all points while Scrying
05/22/20, 09:11 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah... "need" and "fast"

Scyring is not comfortable but I bet the ZOs devs made their mind how to keep you "longer" to the game and did this on purpose.
Else all would be blinking and good to see on your own.

Beside there is no/no good scrying API given I'd give you the advice to try it on your own:
https://wiki.esoui.com/Writing_your_first_addon

Feel free to ask questions if you are stuck.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/22/20 at 09:13 AM.
05/22/20, 09:12 AM   #3
Shinni
The scrying and excavating interfaces are not available to addons. There are no API functions that return information about the tiles on the scrying board.
05/22/20, 09:27 AM   #4
Marazota
Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
The scrying and excavating interfaces are not available to addons. There are no API functions that return information about the tiles on the scrying board.
i see, thx!
05/27/20, 02:10 AM   #5
Gandamir
This is a shame. I was just about to post a request for an addon that colors the shapes to make it easier to see them. I will add this as a feature request to ESO instead.
05/27/20, 02:34 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

From what I've seen so far, colored tiles is the number one request for the scrying game, but ZOS did try many things while making it, so no guarantee they will change anything about it:
Originally Posted by ZOS-ChipHilseberg
[...] it was a trade off between highly readable rainbow vomit and something nicer looking that was less readable. We tried to find a decent middle ground.
Maybe we can get them to add an api for the tile colors/textures and make addons to change it to our own tastes.
05/27/20, 02:44 AM   #7
tendicle
Once you unlock a few of the passives for scrying it's incredibly easy and fast. Never takes me more than 30s - 1m even for gold leads.
05/29/20, 03:50 AM   #8
Gerroff
What would be good is an addon that shows the likely locations of certain leads. similar to lore books maybe?
05/29/20, 02:12 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Gerroff View Post
What would be good is an addon that shows the likely locations of certain leads. similar to lore books maybe?
To achieve this ppl would need to collect the data and send it in to an addon dev who would be able to show it on the maps based on this data. Same like collecting quest info.
Give it some time, I bet someone will make something if the ingame given passive skills of the antiquities are not enough (and afaik see they are if you level them).
05/29/20, 07:28 PM   #10
Dolgubon

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...S1IiACJKEZgAw# -> has the location of nearly all leads, though there's still a few unfound ones. That said, it's not an actual map location (like from API) so it would still need more work
05/30/20, 02:18 AM   #11
Marazota
what about a comet from antiquarian eye?
can we use it for addons and like place a custom waypoint on compass automatically so we not loose direction?

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request feature: Scrying addon