04/14/20, 04:38 PM   #1
Mr.Envy

Harvest Map not working anymore

Hi guys. I have a problem with Harvest Map, about a week ago it stopped working for some reason. All of a sudden all my saved harvest pins disappeared. So i went to Map - Filters to check if i had them unticked but the Harvest Map filters are not in the list. So after that I went in my addons list to see if the addon and all of it's areas are active, they are. So I went in the addons' settings, all settings are as they should. Tried reseting them to default, problem persists. One thing i noticed while changing settings here and there is that under 3D PIN SETTINGS if i try to set "Enable 3D pins" to OFF, it doesn't do it, even if i spam the left mouse click, the setting remains set to ON, maybe it has something to do with this, i have no idea... I also tried to open the Harvest Map Menu, tried both via the pin icon wich should be available in any of the game's menu's (Inventory, Mail etc.) but it isn't, and also tried to bind a key in Controls - Addons to open the specified menu, but with no luck. I also tried to reinstall the addon, even with deleting the saved variables, and i still can't see any harvest pins, or even save new ones. I also contacted the addons' author, but got no reply so far. I will post the Debug Information below, and in it also appears all of my addons, wich are plenty (Sorry). Any help would be much appreciated... Hope we'll be able to fix my problem since farming for mats is something I like and I can't do properly rn...

Harvest Map Debug Information:
Warning: Spoiler
04/15/20, 09:28 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's a problem related to the library LibMainMenu in 90% of the cases.

Search ALL your active addons for the librray LibmainMenu (not LibMainMneu-2.0!!! It's a different one).
You can use the free text editor Notepad++ to do this. It contaains the menu "Search" -> "Search in files" where you can specify your live/AddOns folder and search for "LibMainMenu".

It wil lshow you all findings of the searched text pattern then and you can check which of your addons
contains it in subfolders.

Please do the following:
Logout first!!!

In each addon where you find this library in any subfolder, like "Libs/LibMainMenu" or "lib/LibMainManu" or similar:
Delete this subfolder LibMainMenu.
Be sure it is not LibMainMneu-2.0! It's another lib and got nothing to do with this problem.
Only install LibMainMenu once via Minion e.g., or manually, into your live/AddOns folder!
And then login and ingame enable the LibMainMenu which now should only be the newest, updated version from your live/AddOns folder.
After this the Harvestmap menu and settings etc. should work properly again.

If this does not help, please try the following:
Logout!
Delete the folder live/AddOns/HarvestMap
Make a backup of the SavedVariables files located at: live/SavedVariables/HarvestMap*.lua where the * is a palceholder as there exist several HarvesMap files
like HarvestmapAD.lua, HarvestMapEP.lua, HarvestMapDLC.lua etc. and then remove the files!
Download HarvestMap new and install it.

Download all needed libraries new and install them to live/AddOns directly (standalone library installations).

Login and enable all libraries needed.
Hint: You can also install and use "Votans Addon List" (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...AddonList.html) which will enable/disable the needed dependencies automatically for you if you enable/disable any addon!
Try if this works. Your pins on the maps maybe missing now as you have backuped the SavedVariable files where they were stored.

Logout and try to copy the HarvestMap zone file (AD, EP, DLC, etc.) biut NOT the HarvestMap.lua file back to your SavedVariables folder. Maybe it restores the marker icons for you this way. The general settings of the addon are stored in the HarvestMap.lua file so this should not be copied back to the SavedVariables folder.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/15/20 at 09:34 AM.
04/15/20, 10:30 AM   #3
Knurps
From the debug output
[...]
GroupLootNotifier
BugEater
MM08Data
[...]
I suggest you stop using addons like BugEater (or at least disable it when an addon doesn't work). It makes you miss error messages for which there have already been solutions posted.
04/15/20, 11:56 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Goot point and very true:
Please stop using lua error "eating" (hiding) addons and if you get lua error messages report them to the addon comments or bug panels (but first: Read the comments if they already exists and are adressed, or a workaround or solution is given).

Errors do show because of a reason and should not be hidden, but addressed!
04/15/20, 12:30 PM   #5
Mr.Envy

Hi Baertram, thanks for helping me out so fast. I discovered that it is indeed because of LibMainMenu. Last night i searched online and noticed that some players had problems with PvPMeter and Harvest Map, the first being outdated and having an old version of LibMainMenu integrated in it. So i disabled PvPMeter and all of the pins are back, Harvest Map works fine. Now, I also want to point out that I had both PvPMeter and Harvest Map installed for over 3 months, and my problem appeared just a week ago, so untill then both addons worked fine, but eventually PvPMeter broke my Harvest Map.

So, long story short, if i disable PvPMeter in the Addons list, Harvest Map works like a charm.
Now.. Another problem appears, and hopefully you could help me with this one too Baertram. I use Minion, and for some reason, in my Installed addons I can't find PvPMeter to uninstall it, lol. Yes, it is installed, I can use it in game, but I can't find it in Minion, neither in Installed or Find More...
If i delete PvPMeter from live/AddOns, will it get uninstalled without problems? Or if I delete just "LibMainMenu" from live/AddOns/PvPMeter/libs, will I be able to use both PvPMeter and Harvest Map without problems? I mention that I can get rid of PvPMeter without feeling sad about it. I'm just really happy that I found out what the problem regarding Harvest Map was.
04/15/20, 12:30 PM   #6
Mr.Envy

Originally Posted by Knurps View Post
From the debug output

I suggest you stop using addons like BugEater (or at least disable it when an addon doesn't work). It makes you miss error messages for which there have already been solutions posted.
Point taken, thank you.
04/15/20, 12:42 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Minion keeps track of the addons you have installed BEFORE Minion was installed and after that it only keeps track of addons you install via Minion afaik.
So if you have added PVPMeter manually e.g. it won't be in Minion.
If you just delete the PVPMeter addon from your live/AddOns folder it will be enough as THIS is the folder the game reads and not any other which Minion wrtites it's files to.

To be sure you can also close Minion and search for the folder c:\users\your windows user name\AppData\.Minion (it is a hidden folder so you maybe need to enable in the folder settings "Show hidden system files and folders").
In there is a Minin.xml file.
Backup it!
Then start Minion. It will scan your addons again and should then show all addons properly.
If this does not work close Minion again and go back to the old XML file.
04/15/20, 01:04 PM   #8
Mr.Envy

I installed all of my AddOns with Minion, none of them manually. Anyway, I deleted LibMainMenu from PvPMeter's files and now both addons work fine.
I tried your minion.xml option, after starting Minion and selecting the AddOns folder (Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/life/AddOns) the Minion remains blank, I have no Games to choose in the left side and no Installed/Find More tabs etc. So I inserted the old .xml and left it as is, I don't mind PvPMeter not showing in the list, it's not like that addon will get any updates soon, it's a pretty dead one.

I want to thank you Baertram for the help provided, thank you Knurps too for the good point wich I'm considering, you guys are awesome. The ESO community is awesome ^^. Take care guys, have a nice one!
04/15/20, 02:56 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Minion got some trouble sometimes:_
Depending on your folder depth you maybe need to change the scan depth of Minion. At the top right edge there is a gear icon where you can open the Minion settings.
And after you have added the folder manually (must be the live/AddOns folder) and the scan has taken place it might be that Minion keeps being empty (no addons shown).
Just close it, close the system tray icon as well so Minion is not active in the taskmanager anymore. And after a restart it most of the time shows the game and the installed addons then.

About PVPMeter:
if you still use it please logout, close the game.
Find the folder live/AddOns/PVPMeter and edit the file PVPMeter.txt with a text editor.
Change the exisitng line where there is written

Code:
## DependsOn: ...
(could be that it is ## OptionalDependsOn, then just leave this line and add the line below new!)
to this:

Code:
## DependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0>=28 LibMainMenu>=8
This assures that the addon won't be loaded with old libraries.

You could also search in the addon's lua files for LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0") and exhange it with LibAddonMenu2
e.g.
File PVPMeterSettings.lua
local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")
->
local LAM = LibAddonMenu2

In file PVPMeterMenu.lua
The same for LibMainMenu
local LMM = LibStub("LibMainMenu")
->
local LMM = LibMainMenu

Last edited by Baertram : 04/15/20 at 02:59 PM.
04/15/20, 06:07 PM   #10
Mr.Envy

Ok, so I tried messing around with Minion a bit more, did what you advised me to, still can't see PvPMeter in the list, I even forced minion to rescan my addons, still not showing, but it doesn't matter.
I edited PvPMeter.txt

From
## Title: PvP Meter
## Version: 2.38
## SavedVariables: PvpMeterSavedVariables
## APIVersion: 100027
## Author: marig63
## OptionalDependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0 LibMainMenu

To
## Title: PvP Meter
## Version: 2.38
## SavedVariables: PvpMeterSavedVariables
## APIVersion: 100027
## Author: marig63
## OptionalDependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0 LibMainMenu
## DependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0>=28 LibMainMenu>=8

Also edited PvpMeterSettings.lua

From
function PvpMeter.initSettings()
local LAM = LibStub:GetLibrary("LibAddonMenu-2.0")
LAM:RegisterAddonPanel("IHateYou", panelDuel)

To
function PvpMeter.initSettings()
local LAM = LibAddonMenu2
LAM:RegisterAddonPanel("IHateYou", panelDuel)

And PvpMeterMenu.lua

From
local LMM = LibStub("LibMainMenu")

MenuPvpMeter = {}

To
local LMM = LibMainMenu

MenuPvpMeter = {}

Hope I did it right. ^^

Last edited by Mr.Envy : 04/15/20 at 06:18 PM.
04/16/20, 04:48 AM   #11
sirinsidiator

Minion doesn't receive information about addons in the Discontinued & Outdated category, so it can't show them in the list.
04/16/20, 04:49 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yep, you did.
But if the OptionalDependsOn and DependsOn lines keep the same addon names then just remove the OptionalDependsOn line.

OptionalDependsOn: Addons/libraries listed here need to be loaded before your addon, but if they do not exist your addon still loads fine
DependsOn: Addons/libraries listed here need to be loaded before your addon, but if they do not exist your addon won't load!

>=<integer number> after the addon in the OptionalDependsOn/DependsOn: This is a version check of the addon/library listed. The game needs at least this version number or higher to load the dependency properly. The version is given in the txt file of the listed addon/library at the ## AddOnVersion: <integer> tag
04/16/20, 01:13 PM   #13
Mr.Envy

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Minion doesn't receive information about addons in the Discontinued & Outdated category, so it can't show them in the list.
I see. Well, I won't bother anymore to make it appear then.

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Yep, you did.
But if the OptionalDependsOn and DependsOn lines keep the same addon names then just remove the OptionalDependsOn line.

OptionalDependsOn: Addons/libraries listed here need to be loaded before your addon, but if they do not exist your addon still loads fine
DependsOn: Addons/libraries listed here need to be loaded before your addon, but if they do not exist your addon won't load!

>=<integer number> after the addon in the OptionalDependsOn/DependsOn: This is a version check of the addon/library listed. The game needs at least this version number or higher to load the dependency properly. The version is given in the txt file of the listed addon/library at the ## AddOnVersion: <integer> tag
Deleted it. Thank you for the info!
04/25/20, 08:47 PM   #14
Sharlikran

To be honest Harvest Map has LibMainMenu as an embedded library and upon examining it with version 8 from ESOUI you would see it's the same version functionally.

If you went to go to .\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns_org\HarvestMap\Libs and remove the embeded libraries Lib3D, LibAddonMenu-2.0, LibGPS, LibMainMenu, LibMapPing, LibMapPins-1.0 and installed them separately that would help.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Harvest Map not working anymore