02/20/16, 03:53 AM   #1
Ande85
Can someone make a Dungeon Finder Bang for ESO?

For those who have never heard of this addon it's a Warcraft addon that, when your queue is ready in Dungeon Finder, it makes a sound that is heard even if your doing something else such as browsing the internet, or checking your e-mail. As you can imagine this addon will be the end result for not missing another dungeon, or more appropriately, not getting kicked out of a group because you took two minutes too do something else.

Also, for reference, here is a link to the addon I was talking about, this way for those of us who play Warcraft, you'll have a better chance to understand what I'm talking about.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/dungeon-finder-bang
02/20/16, 05:45 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's easily doable just let me find a suond to play ^^ It has to be one already existing. (does an existing addon doing this don't exist already ?)
02/21/16, 09:25 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I only know exisitng addons for the AvA region if the queue is ready to join for you.
But I don't think there is one for the grouping tools yet.
02/22/16, 12:36 AM   #4
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
It's easily doable just let me find a suond to play ^^ It has to be one already existing. (does an existing addon doing this don't exist already ?)
Dose it realy have to be a sound existing in the game? Cause I find all of them very silent and easy missable over the game sound. If not here is my Sound Pack

Last edited by Tonyleila : 02/22/16 at 12:38 AM.
02/22/16, 03:19 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The game will only allow you to play "inagme sounds" from the SOUNDS array.
There are about 600 different sounds and if you start to play them simultaneously (at the same time or slightly delayed about half a second) they will become even louder.

For testing the existing sounds:
You can download FCOStarveStop, open the settings panel, choose an alert sound from the slider (as you change/click the slider the sound will be played!) and configure it to repeat 2 times with a minimum delay.
Then press the "Test alert" button and you'll hear how it would sound.

If you've found a sound that fits for your needs you can tell Ayantir the name which is shown next to the slider in the settings e.g.
02/26/16, 11:42 AM   #6
Ande85
Possible sound file to use.

Found one....sound 259 join guild. I'll continue looking for others to choose from, but for ease of use, set a default sound, and then allow the user to change it. For Dungeon Finder Bang, it uses a sound file that can be changed to anything else (default sound file, appropriately, is HALLELUJAH!). That would be the easiest way, but as stated, I think it's limited to in-game sound files only.

Also one would think there would be more people interested in this. Other than sound maybe you can have focus brought back to the game? I don't know if that's doable or not, but it sounds easy...the minute your dungeon is ready, boom, switch focus to the game.
02/26/16, 11:50 AM   #7
Ayantir

Not doable. Consider 0 interaction possible from addons with exterior.
02/26/16, 12:04 PM   #8
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Ande85 View Post
Other than sound maybe you can have focus brought back to the game? I don't know if that's doable or not, but it sounds easy...the minute your dungeon is ready, boom, switch focus to the game.
May sound like a good idea, but is the worst thing you can wish for.
02/26/16, 12:37 PM   #9
Ayantir

That's why Rift, for me the technnically talking best MMO has invented color code warning on Windows icon

When you got an IM your icon flash in yellow (Windows notification)
When you enter in combat or when a dungeon is ready, the windows icon is flashing red

But teso is hundred miles behind this

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Can someone make a Dungeon Finder Bang for ESO?