11/04/20, 03:32 PM   #1
NicGrover
Question Problem

I have a problem with my Addons since update 28. I am obliged to reactivate them on the character selection page at each transfer otherwise only a few Addons load.

Thank you in advance if anyone has a solution.
11/04/20, 03:53 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think your windows antivirus is blocking the access to the folder /users/../documents/elder scrolls online/live then so that the file AddOnSettings.txt cannot be read/written. SHould be located on your c: harddrive/SDD if you didn't change the path.

Allow this folder in your anitivirus tool, whitelist it,a dd it to the exclusion check list or whatever it's named in your Antivirus and try again afterwards.
11/04/20, 04:28 PM   #3
NicGrover
Thank you for your response.

I have created an exception for the file in question but it doesn't work. Only part of the Addons work (Bandits...) and others are not activated (Master Merchant, BugEater...).

As soon as I change of character, the Addons are inactive again except those which do not pose a problem.
I don't understand anything about this problem that I had already encountered during the last update but that I had solved by activating the Addons on the character page only once and that was definitive.
11/04/20, 04:38 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
There is no FILE to add to exceptions you need to add c:\users\your windows username\documents\elder scrolls online\live to your FOLDERS of allowed changes within your antivirus tools.
Else windows will block access to them and you cannot change the AddOnSettings.txt, UserSettings.txt, /SavedVariables folder and so on which are located in this folder.
11/05/20, 01:22 AM   #5
NicGrover
OK I had to test at the next launch of the game...

No work... there are about a third of the Addons that work but the others I have to activate the obsolete ones each time I launch the game on the characters page.

I don't understand

Last edited by NicGrover : 11/05/20 at 07:34 AM.
11/06/20, 08:56 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Try if running eso64.exe with administrator/priviledged rights fixes this maybe. Not the launcher exe file! The eso64.exe file from your eso's install/client directory.
Maybe try if this works: Logout, delete the file users/documents/elder scrolls online/live/AddOnSettings.txt (create a backup before), and then login and create it new by selecting the addons.

Are you able to see a pattern in there which of the addons are not enabled like they should be?

Or install the addon "Addon Selector" and create your addon profiles ingame, and choose them there instead of using the prelogin character selection screen.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/06/20 at 08:58 AM.
11/06/20, 03:16 PM   #7
NicGrover
Thank you for your answer

I am sorry but nothing works despite the fact that I have respected your advice.

As soon as I do an UI reload to choose my character save in Addon Selector, the majority of my Addons are reset and I have to log out and return to my character selection page. So I can't use Addon Selector.

Maybe by making a new TESO installation.

Last edited by NicGrover : 11/06/20 at 03:19 PM.
11/06/20, 04:18 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Why do you need to logout to change the addons? Isn't it working at all if you do it ingame in the addon manager?

Are you using an account name with special characters? ^°'~ etc.?

Maybe try this:
Ingame create a screenshot.
Disable all addons.
Check what folder is shown it is saved to at the top right edge of your screen and note it down.

Logout.
At char selection screne change the addons for all characters at least at 1 item and then exit the client.

Search at your file explorer in windows for the file AddOnSettings.txt
On ALL harddrive!
If you find multiple files check the last change date and time to see which one the game says is the one it uses.

It should be in c:\users\..\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live (or your documents folder if you moved it).
If not (sometimes it was within c:\ProgramData instead).

At least it should be the same folder as the screenshot was saved to.

Check if the changes you did before logout to the addons of all chars is inside the file (edit it with a text editor and search for the addon name you have chnaged. 0 means disabled, 1 enabled. And there is a headline with the #servername-character name or #Default for all chars.

If nothing helps try to delete the file AddOnSettings.txt and recreate it.

Try to add this folder to your antivirus exclusion list then if not already done.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/06/20 at 04:22 PM.
11/07/20, 10:48 AM   #9
BalaCroft
If the tick in your "allow out dated addons" doesn't want to stay there:

Close the game.
Go to Elder Scrolls Online/Live/Addonsettings.txt and change the first line to end with 33 instead of 32.

And make sure the second line says
#LoadOutOfDateAddOns 1

Don't forget to save!
11/08/20, 04:41 AM   #10
NicGrover
Thank you for your help Baertram and Balacroft

I solved the problem by reinstalling TESO and Windows 10 at the same time and everything works again without any problem.

Few hours wasted but it does the computer a lot of good and makes it cleaner.

I will take your advice for another occasion which I hope will not happen again.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Problem