01/06/18, 01:34 PM   #1
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
3.3 Update

3.3 Update pop monday.

I won't give the usual details, I'm a bit tired, but I'll do them.
Feel free to talk about new systems and issues you may have.

I'm personnaly already planning few things about new features which will come.
01/08/18, 03:54 PM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Here is the documentation for this patch.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP17.txt (615.5 KB, 775 views)
01/08/18, 04:08 PM   #3
Rhyono
I keep track of the furnishing recipes and I noticed the exact same number of furnishing items exist in Dragon Bones, but the IDs have changed. Were some items removed as others were added, were some items re-Id'd or is there some sort of issue?
01/09/18, 09:26 AM   #4
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Which ids in particular?
01/09/18, 12:16 PM   #5
Rhyono
115786 for example.
01/10/18, 09:43 AM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
115786 for example.
Design tells me that this one is being removed because it has no source in the game and will not have a source. But they also mentioned that some furniture ids were unintentionally removed on PTS and will be restored.
01/09/18, 03:32 PM   #7
Ayantir

I've updated api page. I've added for each API function and event a search of this function into code of a great addon made by a friend.

Also i've updated global pages, there is new categories as always, and I merged the new "Globals" categories into one. It's basically a listing of MAX_SOMETHING, INVALID_THAT, STUFF_LENGTH.

Thanks to Dolby, i'll also be able to give a lot more info of important stuff taken from here and there.
Maybe i'll publish a Handbook.

Events removed (I didn't looked where the pickpocketting events went).

Code:
EVENT_MISSING_LURE (number eventCode)
EVENT_CANNOT_FISH_WHILE_SWIMMING (number eventCode)
EVENT_JUSTICE_ITEM_PICKPOCKETED (number eventCode, string itemName, number itemCount)
EVENT_JUSTICE_NPC_SHUNNING (number eventCode)
EVENT_PICKPOCKET_ON_COOLDOWN (number eventCode)
EVENT_PICKPOCKET_OUT_OF_POSITION (number eventCode)
EVENT_PICKPOCKET_SUSPICIOUS (number eventCode)
EVENT_PICKPOCKET_TOO_FAR (number eventCode)
EVENT_INTERACTABLE_IMPOSSIBLE_TO_PICK (number eventCode, string interactableName)
EVENT_INTERACTABLE_LOCKED (number eventCode, string interactableName)
EVENT_SHOW_REMOTE_BASE_SCENE (number eventCode)
EVENT_REMOTE_SCENE_STATE_CHANGE (number eventCode, string sceneName, number stateChangeType, number stateChangeOrigin)

New events
Code:
EVENT_LEVEL_UP_REWARD_CHOICE_UPDATED (number eventCode)
EVENT_SKILL_BUILD_SELECTION_UPDATED (number eventCode)
EVENT_LEVEL_UP_REWARD_UPDATED (number eventCode)
EVENT_COLLECTIBLE_CATEGORY_NEW_STATUS_CLEARED (number eventCode, number categoryId)
EVENT_OUTFIT_CHANGE_RESPONSE (number eventCode, number response, number outfitIndex)
EVENT_PENDING_INTERACTION_CANCELLED (number eventCode)
EVENT_CLAIM_LEVEL_UP_REWARD_RESULT (number eventCode, number result)
EVENT_OUTFIT_RENAME_RESPONSE (number eventCode, number response, number outfitIndex)
EVENT_OUTFITS_INITIALIZED (number eventCode)
EVENT_REMOTE_SCENE_SYNC (number eventCode, number messageOrigin, number syncType, string sceneName)
EVENT_REMOTE_SCENE_REQUEST (number eventCode, number messageOrigin, number requestType, string sceneName)
EVENT_REMOTE_SCENE_FINISHED_FRAGMENT_TRANSITION (number eventCode, number messageOrigin, string sceneName)
EVENT_OUTFIT_EQUIP_RESPONSE (number eventCode, number response)
EVENT_CLIENT_INTERACT_RESULT (number eventCode, number result, string interactTargetName)

ZOS finally added back Guild and social events! 2y after
01/10/18, 09:25 AM   #8
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Almost all of the removed events have been merged into EVENT_CLIENT_INTERACT_RESULT since they were all results of attempting to interact and didn't need their own events.
01/10/18, 05:47 PM   #9
dorrino
2 questions for Chip:

1. Why (on PTS and on live) Ambush applies Charge Snare after its damage part lands, not before as is the case with all other gapclosers? The purpose of the Charge Snare is to slow down the target to make sure the gapcloser gets close enough to the target. It makes little sense to me to apply the snare after the player is already on the target.

2. Could we please get a clarification what exactly is supposed to be changed regarding EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT results on pts in pvp?

Thank you.
01/11/18, 05:01 PM   #10
Rhyono
Once you've named a storage chest, I don't see a means of removing the nickname. You're also not allowed to use numbers. I'm assuming this is a remnant from pet naming schemes or something? I don't see the harm in a name like "Storage 4"

Would you consider adding these new storage units to SHARED_INVENTORY without having to open each one per reload? Or at least give us a means of force loading it if it hasn't been already.

Last edited by Rhyono : 01/11/18 at 06:44 PM.
01/12/18, 02:43 PM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes please, allow numbers in the names of the chests!

Some info for the house bank:
EVENT_OPEN_BANK gives us the bagId now, and is fired if we open the house store.
-> We can check if the house bank was opened via function "IsHouseBankBag(bagId)" -> returns bolean
EVENT_CLOSE_BANK wll fire if the house storage is closed.

Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
Once you've named a storage chest, I don't see a means of removing the nickname. You're also not allowed to use numbers. I'm assuming this is a remnant from pet naming schemes or something? I don't see the harm in a name like "Storage 4"

Would you consider adding these new storage units to SHARED_INVENTORY without having to open each one per reload? Or at least give us a means of force loading it if it hasn't been already.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/12/18 at 05:03 PM.
01/15/18, 05:34 PM   #12
Dolgubon

It looks like GetSmithingPatternNextMaterialQuantity is nil on the PTS right now. Was it renamed or accidentally taken out?
01/16/18, 07:00 AM   #13
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
It looks like GetSmithingPatternNextMaterialQuantity is nil on the PTS right now. Was it renamed or accidentally taken out?
I believe it was removed because of this:
The Creation tab at Crafting Stations will now remember the level you have selected, rather than the number of materials. This is to prevent accidentally crafting the wrong level gear when switching between slots that require different material amounts, such as Helmet and Pants.
The API notes also say:
GetSmithingPatternMaterialItemInfo() now also returns for a certain quantity of a certain material which level item it makes.
So you probably will have to think of a new way to do what you did with that function.
01/16/18, 08:55 AM   #14
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
I'd take a look at ZO_SharedSmithingCreation:GenerateMaterialDataForPattern in SmithingCreation_Shared.lua for how we use it.
01/16/18, 01:48 PM   #15
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I'd take a look at ZO_SharedSmithingCreation:GenerateMaterialDataForPattern in SmithingCreation_Shared.lua for how we use it.

I should have thought of that. I checked it and it looks like GetSmithingPatternMaterialItemInfo can get me what I need. (the third return is the number of mats required)

@sirinidiator I did have another way I can get that info, but it's not an API way.

01/18/18, 10:01 PM   #16
Rhyono
GetItemLinkStacks() will return inventory, bank, craft bag. Is there some sort of equivalent that can be called on individual bags or specifically made for housing banks?
01/19/18, 06:24 AM   #17
Ayantir

It could be cool.

PS: GetItemLinkStacks for bank return stack for BANK + SUBSCRIBER BANK. if we can do same for all the chests. or maybe a new function.
01/19/18, 08:04 AM   #18
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'd either split it into several functions where we can pass the bag_id to. This would be more performant if one only would need the stack info of one bag.
Or let it accept a table parameter where we can add each bagId we want to check and if no parameter is given return all like today, maybe?
01/19/18, 04:25 PM   #19
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'd either split it into several functions where we can pass the bag_id to. This would be more performant if one only would need the stack info of one bag.
Or let it accept a table parameter where we can add each bagId we want to check and if no parameter is given return all like today, maybe?
We could add house bank to the returns or we could make a new bag based function. Either way, that data would only be available while in a house. What is the use case here?
01/19/18, 04:46 PM   #20
Rhyono
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
We could add house bank to the returns or we could make a new bag based function. Either way, that data would only be available while in a house. What is the use case here?
With CraftStore, I keep track of the data of all storage, which means even when I don't have access to it. When you open the house bank, I'll want to write it all to saved vars. I need quantities which works okay when you have a single stack, but the second you split a stack, the numbers are ruined because I'm only calling that slot for the total and not all slots.

The existing function works for the other 3 bag types all of the time and I know the housing banks don't "exist" until they are opened. As such, I'd like:

Code:
GetItemLinkHouseStack(string itemLink, number Bag bagId)
Returns: number stackCount
which I'd trigger via inventory update events that currently exist.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » 3.3 Update