ESO going B2P model, 17 March subscription gone

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...ium-membership

and console releas

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...soles-june-9th

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzhyLuXzNZY
01/21/15, 10:24 AM   #2
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As if there were not enough of this crap on official forums.
01/21/15, 10:25 AM   #3
QuadroTony
Banned
crap? i think its good news.

nvm
01/21/15, 12:43 PM   #4
Ayantir

Hello authors.

If "users" can have a debate on ESO going F2P/CashShop on other forums, I'd like to get your point of view of this decision.

Will you continue to code ? What's your impression about your efforts and the regard that ZOS gave us in return? Would you like to ask something?

Well for my part, I wrote something like a "big addon" (not as big as some others but quite proud of it) and never saw any "payback" from zos. Okay, It was the deal, I knewed it.

But as others did, we revamped each other a part of (our?) the game. It's too early to say if I'll pay or not, but I'm a bit disappointed of this change. I know that ZOS people reading our forums are not the one who make the commercial decision and won't blame you, you're mostly coders, like us, but I'm still hoping that a day our work will get its ingame "Thank you "
01/21/15, 01:37 PM   #5
sirinsidiator

I don't care about these thing as long as the game is fun for me to play.
Once it stops being fun, I will stop playing, regardless of the business model.

I also will continue making addons as long as it is fun for me.
I don't expect anything for it, but gladly would take an ingame title or something
01/21/15, 03:32 PM   #6
QuadroTony
Banned
hi, dopiate, its a joke, right?
01/21/15, 03:42 PM   #7
Randactyl
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
hi, dopiate, its a joke, right?
I've seen that obnoxious, bolded statement in two places now. I don't think he's joking.

I'm with sirinsidiator. This changes nothing (for the worse, that is) for me or anyone else no matter how much they would like to kick and scream about it.
01/21/15, 03:58 PM   #8
rkuhnjr

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Hello authors.

If "users" can have a debate on ESO going F2P/CashShop on other forums, I'd like to get your point of view of this decision.

Will you continue to code ? What's your impression about your efforts and the regard that ZOS gave us in return?
No

--This line is only here to fill the 10 char limit of a post. No is the shortest most honest answer i can give to that question without sparking pointless debate.
01/21/15, 04:15 PM   #9
katkat42
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post

I don't expect anything for it, but gladly would take an ingame title or something
This. As long as the game stays fun, I don't care what model ZOS uses to pay the server bills. Of course, I've never found it fun to Pay to Win. I want more data before I make a decision, and I'll be getting that data starting in [s]April[/s] mid-March.

Last edited by katkat42 : 01/22/15 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Corrected my dates
01/21/15, 08:07 PM   #10
Garkin

Originally Posted by katkat42 View Post
This. As long as the game stays fun, I don't care what model ZOS uses to pay the server bills. Of course, I've never found it fun to Pay to Win. I want more data before I make a decision, and I'll be getting that data starting in April.
Signed.

Let me see changes on live servers before I make a decision. But as long as I enjoy the game...
01/21/15, 10:31 PM   #11
BornDownUnder
This. As long as the game stays fun, I don't care what model ZOS uses to pay the server bills. Of course, I've never found it fun to Pay to Win. I want more data before I make a decision, and I'll be getting that data starting in April.
Exactly the same sentiment in my little camp over here.
01/22/15, 12:11 AM   #12
Minceraft

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post

I just learned how to code and I really am having a good time learning this as I learn the game! That being said, I feel that ZOS should be more in-depth on asking US, the players; the people PAYING these bills with our subs every month, what THEY think should happen....

I feel that this is as much the players game, as it is theirs, now...
01/22/15, 02:45 AM   #13
Balver

As far as I understand this there won't be any change for players with a Subscription, except that it's now called ESO plus and that there's an ingame shop with non-pay2win stuff.

In the end it will bring new players and bring back old players which can't be that bad.
01/22/15, 08:35 AM   #14
dopiate
Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
I've seen that obnoxious, bolded statement in two places now. I don't think he's joking.

I'm with sirinsidiator. This changes nothing (for the worse, that is) for me or anyone else no matter how much they would like to kick and scream about it.
I'm actually not joking but I'll be totally honest I didn't give it a good thorough though I do not like any free to play or pay to play or anything besides a subscription game. I will at least read up and and fully understand the changers so I may hang on until the patch and see how it goes. If my Bold posts were annoying I apologize I am really sick right now with strep throat and the flu at the same time, also not a joke.

I will just step back and give it a chance but I did not burned with Rift and it I'm really not interested in doing that again.

Ps 103f fever for 4 days now so I'm not really thinking straight paying attention to what's going on. Dr.'s had my parents MOVE in with me to make sure I don't die -- if that doesn't rattle your cage I dont knot what will

I'm just curious about all the updates where did you all see some new content? All I ever saw was tweaks champion blah blah blah so I can just do the same grinding with different stats Wow let me pay for that. Or is my understanding on that incorrect?

-d

I pray it works out I personally love the game. I'm just very skeptical about what I'm reading.

Last edited by dopiate : 01/22/15 at 09:06 AM.
01/22/15, 08:47 AM   #15
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by dopiate View Post
I'm actually not joking but I'll be totally honest I didn't give it a good thorough read I do not like any free to play or pay to play or anything besides a subscription game hello I may hang on until the patch but it's unlikely that I will be staying. If my Bold posts were annoying I apologize I am really sick right now with strep throat and the flu at the same time, also not a joke.

maybe I should just step back and give it a chance but I did not read the Rift and it went to hell I'm really not interested in doing that again.

Ps 103f fever for 4 days now so I'm not really thinking straight paying attention to what's going on.

I'm just curious about all the updates where did you all see some new content? All I ever saw was tweaks champion blah blah blah so I can just do the same grinding with different stats Wow let me pay for that.

-d

I pray it works out I personally love the game. I'm just very skeptical about what I'm reading.
you will pay the same subscription for ESO its just renamed to Premium account
and you will got alot of thing for it

look at this video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KETK0teIWEM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxlPbzfvfuM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O668fWSgP94
01/22/15, 12:47 PM   #16
rkuhnjr

I have been around the block once or twice, playing mmos since '98, so I know where this is already heading and i already know it will not be enjoyable by me, and thus i decided to move on.

I really do hope that everyone gets whatever they want out of what ever games they play. The one addon i put together I will leave as is on the site and will gladly hand it over to anyone who wants it but the API and website are already offline because it costs me money to host them.

My short stay here was a good one and i dont regret it at all, hopefully i run into some of you in the next great mmo.
01/22/15, 01:17 PM   #17
dopiate
interesting

http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-drops-...lay/#more-2320

I am certainly going to try to stay optimistic but really read what this aricles conclusions are. It doesn't look look like positive for current players.

personally I think the crown currency will devaluate the experience as a whole plus, the reduce the overall satisfaction you get from finally getting the armor or set pieces that you were looking for. It sounds like you can either run a dungeon forever or just pay up some money.

they should have left the world just the way it is and made DLCs expansion packs even if they are low cost and not a huge continent at least that way everything is a level playing field.

the more I read the less I think this is going to work.

-d

Last edited by dopiate : 01/22/15 at 01:20 PM.
01/22/15, 01:23 PM   #18
Randactyl
If my Bold posts were annoying I apologize I am really sick right now with strep throat and the flu at the same time, also not a joke.
Nah man, I should apologize too. There's no need for more nastiness than there already is.
01/22/15, 02:00 PM   #19
katkat42
If my Bold posts were annoying I apologize I am really sick right now with strep throat and the flu at the same time, also not a joke.
Okay, I give you a full pardon for having a short temper. Neither one of those is fun; both at the same time...I can't even. Get lots of rest, and feel better soon!

I'm just curious about all the updates where did you all see some new content? All I ever saw was tweaks champion blah blah blah so I can just do the same grinding with different stats Wow let me pay for that. Or is my understanding on that incorrect?
They announced that the cash shop will only stock vanity items, health/magicka/stamina potions and soul gems that you can also get for gold, and (in the future) DLC zones. People who choose to continue subscribing get the DLC with the subscription, plus a monthly stipend of crowns.

In their FAQ, they mentioned that people who accessed DLC via subscription will get to keep any loot they gained in the DLC even after their subscription lapses. My guess is, as time goes on, this will be the route by which pay-to-win sneaks into the game. They won't sell the best gear, but the best gear will only drop in DLC zones. Which you'll have to pay to access, one way or another.

It probably won't start that way. Then it probably won't be much of a difference. I hope the game shuts down before it gets blatant. I'm here because it's Elder Scrolls, not because it's an MMO, and I don't want to see the Elder Scrolls name associated with something that cheap.
01/22/15, 02:44 PM   #20
Randactyl
My guess is, as time goes on, this will be the route by which pay-to-win sneaks into the game. They won't sell the best gear, but the best gear will only drop in DLC zones. Which you'll have to pay to access, one way or another.
I would argue this is just a different way of skinning the same cat. Using the same parameters it could be said that the traditional subscription model is pay to win in the first place since you are having to pay extra to play (and win) the game you have already bought.

I don't think this sentiment is often expressed because one, it is a decades old practice, and two, someone is probably more likely to go along with something if they don't feel they have a choice.

Switching to a buy to play model with optional subscription introduces another choice and causes customers to make a more complicated decision. Some will feel no sub is better for them, while other feel a sub is better and others still may be torn between the two unable to make a decision. And in the current culture of the internet where every poster is right and all others are literally Hitler, this creates unnecessary contention.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Gameplay » ESO going B2P model, 17 March subscription gone