09/22/14, 10:21 AM   #1
whifflebat
Minion hangs on start up.

So I did 2 things
1. I moved my Documents folder in windows (using location in properties via windows so that's fine)
Then I noticed that something, possibly Minion because it was the only thing running, had created a folder in documents after I moved documents so I went into Minion and updated the folder. Then I got an update notification in Minion.
2. I ran the latest update (I imagine for Sunday or Monday) then I notice it hanging

Then I uninstalled Minion
Then I re installed Minion

Now Minion Hangs indefinitely

I should note that I have WOW but don't play it nor do I have any addons

-Joshua
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	473  
09/22/14, 10:39 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
There is currently a bug when your documents folder is not in the default path. Minion will detect that ESO is installed and then create the missing documents folder in the default location and since it probably doesn't have full permission to do all that it will hang.

I can get you worked around this bug if you post your minion.xml and the NEW full path to your documents folder. If you rather not post your document path because it contains your windows user name you can send it to me in a private message.

Or (DIY):

Basically I'm going to modify the paths in the minion.xml you can do this too. The paths are utf-8->base64 encoded though so you'll need to enter them into a tool like this and use the encoded path: http://www.base64decode.org/

Last edited by Dolby : 09/22/14 at 10:41 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion hangs on start up.