08/07/14, 02:03 PM   #1
Kaahlin
Did this ever get fixed? I've been having the same problem also.. have deleted and reinstalled Minion a couple time.. no luck. I've been manually updating my addons as needed but would love to be able to use Minion to do it. I used it in my WoW days and loved it.
08/07/14, 02:36 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It's been working great for me. Heck with the auto-refresh Minion will auto-update every hour if theirs a new AddOn update pushed live while I have the client open.

How many games are listed under the game list for you? Did you remove any of the games it detected?
08/07/14, 05:36 PM   #3
Kaahlin
Every Single Time I run the program, it starts off wanting to install it.. Again..... starts with VC++ Redistributable package.. then Minion itself installs.. (again).. it opens and starts loading the ESO data and just sits there... endless loading... Can't ever get past it.
Like I said, I have used it before and loved it, but with ESO it's beyond annoying. Sounds like I'm not alone with the issue.. which does make me feel better... although doesn't help get it fixed. Hence my question.....
08/07/14, 06:11 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sounds like you are installing it every time you want to run it. Delete the Minion2.0.11b-beta.exe since that is only used once for installation, you dont need it any more and you should not use that to open Minion with. You may want to check add/remove programs under the control panel and make sure Minion is only installed once since it sounds like you've installed it a bunch of times.

Launch the program from your Start menu:
  • If you have windows 7 click on the start menu, click "all programs" and scroll down to ZAM Network and click on that folder. Then click on the Minion icon.
  • If you have windows 8 go to your start screen, start typing Minion on your keyboard and the icon to launch Minion should show up.

To further help I'll need some more information.
  • You said Minion is stopping on ESO?
  • How long have you waited?
  • Did Minion ever ask you what games it should scan for?

Could you please provide me with your minion.xml and minion0.log? You can find out where to find that stuff here. If you need help getting to that information just let me know.

I've moved your posts to a new thread so we don't confuse those people in the auto-update thread.

Thanks and hopefully we can get you up and running soon.

Last edited by Dolby : 08/07/14 at 06:30 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Endless loading on ESO