11/23/20, 06:26 PM   #1
Lyelu
Need help diagnosing error

Since Markarth I have a LUA error that pops up after using the Bank. The hierarchical bank menu will collapse (probably an ESO bug), and subsequently every interaction with my inventory -- from looting an item to switching my gear -- generates a LUA error. I have to restart the game to function.

I have run for days with no addons, and slowly added them back 1x1, but am still unable to diagnose which addon is popping this error - I suspect it's a Lib.

Here's the error (one of many similar):

Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Gamepad/InventoryList_Gamepad.lua:374: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Gamepad/InventoryList_Gamepad.lua:374: in function 'ZO_GamepadInventoryList:SetupItemEntry'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{useTriggers = T, isDirty = T, mode = 2, currentSortType = 1, template = "ZO_GamepadItemSubEntryTemplate...", isRebuildingList = F, fireCallbackDepth = 0}, entry = [table:2]{name = "Treasure"}, itemData = [table:3]{brandNew = F, itemType = 52, meetsUsageRequirement = T, displayQuality = 5, equipType = 0, age = 0, iconFile = "/esoui/art/icons/crafting_comp...", requiredLevel = 21, isPlaceableFurniture = F, isFromCrownStore = F, isGemmable = F, name = "Kuta", condition = 100, requiredChampionPoints = 0, sellPrice = 2, locked = F, functionalQuality = 5, statValue = 0, quality = 5, specializedItemType = 2350, isJunk = F, stolen = F, isPlayerLocked = F, rawName = "Kuta", isBoPTradeable = F, bestGamepadItemCategoryName = "Enchanting", stackCount = 3, slotIndex = 3, uniqueId = 4.3277572239361e+15, statusSortOrder = 0, sellInformationSortOrder = 1, bagId = 1, sellInformation = 0, launderPrice = 0, stackSellPrice = 6, traitInformationSortOrder = 1, traitInformation = 0, stackLaunderPrice = 0, itemInstanceId = 330474792} </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Gamepad/InventoryList_Gamepad.lua:109: in function 'OnSingleSlotInventoryUpdate'
|caaaaaa<Locals> bagId = 1, slotIndex = 3, k = 1, inventoryType = 1, bag = [table:4]{}, entry = [table:2], itemData = [table:3] </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:116: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:5]{fireCallbackDepth = 1}, eventName = "SingleSlotInventoryUpdate", registry = [table:6]{}, callbackInfoIndex = 9, callbackInfo = [table:7]{3 = F}, callback = EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Gamepad/InventoryList_Gamepad.lua:97, deleted = F </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:122: in function 'OnInventorySlotUpdated'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 131222, bagId = 1, slotIndex = 3, isNewItem = F, itemSoundCategory = 15, updateReason = 0 </Locals>|r

Question: Does the ESOUI folder indicate that it's an addon generating the error, or is that an ESO file? Unable to find any such file on my computer.
11/23/20, 06:50 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You have an older outdated mod that has not been updated to handle inventory changes and depending on how old it is maybe other things as well.

Really this is just tedious work. Disable all mods and then enable one at a time and the libraries it requires until you find the combination.

What will happen is, if I am wrong and it is a recent mod that isn't out of date then a gamepad isn't supported and you won't be able to use that mod.
11/23/20, 06:57 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ESOUI is the standard source code but addons are hacking their code in there as well.
If there is no addon name in the error message it's like Sharlikran wrote already: Try and error.
Start to note down your addons and libraries as the error happens.

Make a list which of them are outdated and check if you are able to find a newer/pathed version or an update, the same for the libraries of these addons.
Start with the addons that got to do with inventory AND gamepad as it seems to happen for the gamepad only? Or check, if you are ONLY playing in gamepad mode, if you got any addona ctive not compatible with this, but invenory related.

If not: Go on with gamepad addons and disable those.

And so on until you find the causing one.

Btw: as this seemed to happen here with a "kuta" item try to find out if you are able to reproduce this error with materials e.g.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/23/20 at 06:59 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Need help diagnosing error