Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08/02/20, 12:16 PM   #1
Woafmann
Attribute Stats as Screen Edge Glows for Immersive Gameplay

Hi all,

I've searched and searched for days upon days and I can't seem to find anything that does this. I also modified Garkin's excellent "Bloody Screen" addon to try and do this, and although I made some working progress, I'm completely ignorant with LUA scripting to make it how I'm envisioning it.

I should state that the goal is for more immersive gameplay to be used in lieu of player attribute bars, or for those who use attribute bars but want more easily seen low attribute indicators without clutter, words, or numbers..

Essentially what I'm looking for will be an addon that shows thin red screen edge glows on the left and right side for low player health, a thin blue screen edge glow at the top for low player Magicka, and a thin green screen edge glow at the bottom for low player stamina.

I'm thinking that as the character decreases in an attribute, the addon will stack successive copies of the faint screen edge texture to make it more and more opaque. As the character increases in an attribute, those texture copies will fade out.

Like Garkin's "Bloody Screen" addon, having the ability to adjust overall opacity, attribute threshold before the texture appears, and the step size before the textures fade will be required.

Also, having a single checkbox for the Magicka edge to be at the bottom and Stamina edge to be at the top will be the icing on the cake, but not required.

Attached is a zip file with 3 folders that have Garkin's original "Bloody Screen" addon, and two modified copies (which currently just display textures (icy "clouds" for Magicka and "sweat beads" for Stamina) randomly around the screen. This was my first attempt at modding Garkin's addon and I've since decided that having glowing edges will be a more elegant solution than screen clutter. I'm stuck at figuring out how to display textures on an edge, and stretch them to full screen width (for Magicka and Stamina) and the full screen height (for Health).

If anyone wants to help with this project, that would be so fantastic. I don't mind getting in there and getting my hands dirty, but I don't know what I'm doing, haha. I'm a media designer by trade, so I can certainly make the texture graphics.

So, if someone wants to completely take over the project, or let me know the best way to proceed with attempting to do it all myself, I'll take any help/advice you can lend. If someone with scripting experience wants to write the code and then just let me know the specs on the graphics for me to design, that seems to be even more ideal.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bloddy, Magicka, Stamina Screens.zip (1.30 MB, 339 views)

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Attribute Stats as Screen Edge Glows for Immersive Gameplay