04/05/14, 12:32 PM   #1
moonball
Icon based Weapon indicator

I use two stave's and I always forget which one I have up when I swap, so I have to look at the skill icon colors. I wish the was an icon that you could move around/lock that showed the weapon icon and type. ie, showed staff icon with FIRE on it or staff icon with HEAL.
04/05/14, 02:30 PM   #2
StealthStalker
Or even just a 1 or 2 that can be placed somewhere, like right next to my corsshair or something.
04/07/14, 10:55 AM   #3
Iyanga
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As I wanted to start to fiddle with simple windows anyway, this looks like something I could try next.
04/07/14, 05:14 PM   #4
Iyanga
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I didn't have much time so far, but I managed to code a first version for you test:

ActiveWeaponIcon

It shows the icon of the weapon next to the crosshair and colors it either red or green, depending on the weapon set.

Well, I hope it does that, I'm not yet level 15 to actually test it

Feel free to comment.

Still working on making it movable and I can't actually extract the real weapon type, so you need to put the heal weapon into the right weapon set.
04/07/14, 06:15 PM   #5
StealthStalker
I commented on the addon itself, but I'll also comment here.

Installed it, it does show an icon or something displayed when first loading UI, but it does not update when changing weapons. It just remains the same.

Also my preference would be to simply display a 1 or 2 (and if we get fancy, resize or reposition). eg: 1 or 2 on the bottom right of the cross hair or something to that effect.

Thanks for starting work on this though! I'll keep an eye on it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Icon based Weapon indicator