04/06/14, 04:20 PM   #1
Xyltin
LootDrop gone?

I can't find it anymore. The site doesn't exist anylonger.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info35-LootDrop.html
04/06/14, 04:22 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yes, it's gone. The author requested that we remove all of their addons. Sorry. =/
04/06/14, 04:37 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It's about to be back, hang on.
04/06/14, 04:43 PM   #4
Cadriel
Are there other issues going on with the site? My user apparently just - went bye bye. I had to re-register with the site because the forgotten password mechanism couldn't find my email address either.

On top of that, minion stopped working - i.e., it got stuck on the 'loading addons' step. I deleted the xml config file which got that working again, but then it didn't recognise any of my existing addons. (along with my lost user).

Seemed all a bit strange and broken today.
04/06/14, 04:49 PM   #5
Nameious
From what I understand its a program hang because its searching for a "deleted" addon which it cannot find and hangs there.
04/06/14, 04:50 PM   #6
i3luemrld
yea also Pawkeets Scrolling Combat text is missing so its two mods making it hang
04/06/14, 04:53 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It's also coming back.
04/06/14, 05:22 PM   #8
thelegendaryof

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wow, okay. What happened to Pawkette?
04/06/14, 05:37 PM   #9
AstroCat

Is she gonna repost her mods?
04/06/14, 06:19 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I posted this on the files:

[Please note] Pawkette has discontinued working on her addons. She has graciously allowed them to be put back up on the site with the MIT license. We are actively working on figuring out if we can maintain them ourselves, or if someone else would like to take them over. Sorry for the confusion created by it disappearing and then reappearing. ~ Cairenn
04/06/14, 06:25 PM   #11
Anceane

I sincerely hope that the behaviour about the Lootdrop icone did not push her away.

She was probably hurt by all the negative posts about that and i still dont understand how this kind of selfish attitude can happen. We are not 6 old raging to get what they want.

I will miss deeply the fresh and helpful author we met, and not only for the addons. I will not use any other.

Cairenn if you can speak with her, please tell her we miss her and we are thankfull for what she did.
(yes i know this is just addons, but behind the just addons, there is infinite time dedicated to answer to us and provide us freely something enjoyable.)

Thank you

EDIT : Pawksickles is also a very good addon created by Pawkette, if she is willing to let it be on the site again it would be great

Last edited by Anceane : 04/06/14 at 06:56 PM.
04/06/14, 07:01 PM   #12
Sunhed
Thanks for the effort to get it back up for us.
I hope someone can maintain it.
Of all the AutoLoot Add-Ons at the moment, this is the one I liked the most.
04/06/14, 08:34 PM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Anceane View Post
I sincerely hope that the behaviour about the Lootdrop icone did not push her away.

She was probably hurt by all the negative posts about that and i still dont understand how this kind of selfish attitude can happen. We are not 6 old raging to get what they want.

I will miss deeply the fresh and helpful author we met, and not only for the addons. I will not use any other.

Cairenn if you can speak with her, please tell her we miss her and we are thankfull for what she did.
(yes i know this is just addons, but behind the just addons, there is infinite time dedicated to answer to us and provide us freely something enjoyable.)

Thank you

EDIT : Pawksickles is also a very good addon created by Pawkette, if she is willing to let it be on the site again it would be great
I will pass your well wishes along to her.

Also, it seems like there are a number of people really want Pawksickles adopted, so I'll put it back up and hope we come up with someone to maintain it.
04/07/14, 12:50 AM   #14
SilverWF

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Yes, it's gone. The author requested that we remove all of their addons. Sorry. =/
She is very strange
04/07/14, 01:06 PM   #15
Sheanna
Originally Posted by SilverWF View Post
She is very strange

Not strange just tired of dealing with ungrateful immature players, who can blame her?
04/07/14, 01:31 PM   #16
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yeah it was distubing how much negative feedback she was getting when it was such a great and popular AddOn.

I don't blame her one bit.

Hopefully whoever takes it over can handle that or it doesn't happen to them.
04/07/14, 01:43 PM   #17
Biki
She is still developing LootDrop on her github account.
04/07/14, 01:59 PM   #18
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*nod* We're still deciding how we want to handle the whole thing.
04/07/14, 03:10 PM   #19
Iyanga
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Yeah it was distubing how much negative feedback she was getting when it was such a great and popular AddOn.
Does not compute. Either it was not much negative feedback, then it was an overreaction, or it was much, then it was not disturbing, but justified.
04/07/14, 04:08 PM   #20
Sunhed
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post

I don't blame her one bit.

Hopefully whoever takes it over can handle that or it doesn't happen to them.

I respect the decision to do what is necessary to maintain self and I wish Pawkette the best. Those Addons were great and her effort was really appreciated. Please pass that on if you can.

Can you please moderate the almighty out of the users who caused this to happen with their abuse? No Addon author deserves to be abused. They put an enormous amount of time and effort into putting these things together for us to use and some people need to be reminded to check their entitlement at the login portal.
Maybe you need to restructure the website so that some people become moderated, or just ban their noncontributing .

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » LootDrop gone?